Going to travel at the time of pregnancy

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Going to travel at the time of pregnancy

Postby Tiffany01 » 25 Jun 2014, 06:21

Next month I am going to Germany with my husband. I am 22 weeks pregnant. I think in this situation insurance is must. What would be best for me travel insurance or health insurance? I am not sure does German government provide health insurance for traveler? I am not sure what I have to do? Please someone help me.
Tiffany01

Re: Going to travel at the time of pregnancy

Postby lizandimo » 25 Jun 2014, 21:37

Travel insurance often includes medical insurance, and you usually get it from the country you are living in to cover any expenses while you are away. You would need to check the policy to make sure pregnancy-related medical stuff is covered though, I have no idea if there would be an extra charge or not. Where do you live?
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Re: Going to travel at the time of pregnancy

Postby Tiffany01 » 29 Jun 2014, 13:37

Thanks for your help. I also got some information about health insurance in Germany. One of my German Facebook friend recommended me to visit http://www.covomo.com/health-insurance-tourists-info/ . I got some information from this site. It is saying that i can get health insurance under one condition, I have to provide my European Healthcare Insurance card. So as a citizen of EU, I think i will get health insurance easily.
Tiffany01

Return to Pregnancy