Arrgghhh

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Arrgghhh

Postby SharkiesMum » 19 May 2014, 12:23

Can I start today again please?

Spent an hour trying to get a half dead baby bird off our cat (and briefly off DS), hurting my SPD, DS crying, then DH came home, cat brought bird back in, DH screamed at cat who ran under my feet, I stood on cat, rolled my ankle and now it's black with a tennis ball sized lump out the side.

It's so painful, I so didn't need this now. I have osteopath tomorrow, pre-op and steroid injections Wednesday, another injection Thursday and csection on Friday. I can't weight bear at all and am in so much pain and can't take any painkillers (obviously). Arrghhh.

I had a minor freak out about how I'm going to manage with the new baby last night, I can't deal with this too.

To top it off DH (who I just presume is feeling guilty since he yelled at the cat) has been horrible to me about it. I don't want to go to A&E, so he just shouted at me that there is nothing he can do and got all pissy when I asked him to get me a drink before he took DS out.

I can't cope with this right now.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Re: Arrgghhh

Postby CherryPop » 19 May 2014, 12:32

Oh lordy SM! You poor thing :(

Have you iced it? Are you sure you don't need to go to A&E? Unless there's some medical condition I've forgotten about, I'm sure you can at least take some paracetemol or even cocodamol if it's bad enough.

As for the pre-baby freak out, that's perfectly normal. I'll tell you now, that it is easier than being pregnant, and easier than you think it will be, I promise. You've done all the hard stuff already, all the first time finding-your-feet, and the second time around is a breeze. You'll be fine. Even with a bad ankle ;)

Big hugs, I hope it feels better soon x
Mama to J born 10.3.09 and BabyPie born 21.11.12
Blogging: http://mynameis-beth.blogspot.com
CherryPop

Postby jvnt » 19 May 2014, 12:50

(((())) what an awful day.

What CP said about painkillers - I've been prescribed painkillers while pregnant.

And yes, you will cope with the new baby, it really is easier the second time round and people are often incapacitated after birth for one reason or another - lots of tv for the older one and hopefully family can pitch in. It all works somehow.
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby SharkiesMum » 19 May 2014, 13:02

Thanks. I meant I can't really take any more painkillers, am already taking regular paracetamol and occasional co codamol for my SPD which is really bad at the moment. At least since I'm on crutches for my SPD I might be able to get to my appointments using them.

I'm not 100% sure I don't need A&E I just wanted to give it a couple of hours to see if its getting worse or better. I have done this a few times before and it's never broken, just sprained and is better in 10 days or so. You are right, I'll be resting after my csection anyway, it probably doesn't make much difference anyway.

It just hurts so much, I wish my mum was here.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Lily » 19 May 2014, 13:03

(((SM))) sounds totally miserable. I assume you've tried ice and compression - and can you find a comfortable position to elevate it? Really hope it isn't anything serious.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Mummyto1 » 19 May 2014, 14:29

(((SM)))) yuck. You poor thing. Remember the end of pregnancy is really really hard and regardless of having a newborn it is nearly always easier once they are out! And especially with you SPD. Hope your ankle gets better and tomorrow is much kinder to you.
Now proud Mummyto3 little crazies!
Mummyto1

Postby Kitcameron » 19 May 2014, 15:38

(((SM))) aww nooo! I'm so sorry, I can totally understand why you're feeling so rubbish. Please can this be a part of your pregnancy I don't mirror, we seem to have shared just about everything else. Hope it feels loads better already and definitely much better by tomorrow. I've fallen over the cat several times but always caught myself on something so far, just kills with the spd.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby SharkiesMum » 19 May 2014, 18:43

Yes, please don't mirror this part of my pregnancy KC!

Thanks, I think I was *just* coping with SPD being so bad, and feeling rough etc, this was just one thing too many. Have stopped crying now, don't think I'm getting any dinner because DH is being a total asshole for no reason I can determine and I think I'll be sleeping here (on the sofa) as I can't get up, but I'm hoping it'll be better in the morning.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby mamapup » 19 May 2014, 21:15

Xxx

Bit late now.but if it happens again, order a take away, surely DH.would open the door if the bell rings?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby SharkiesMum » 19 May 2014, 21:52

Thanks MP. I couldn't do anything as he fell asleep putting DS to bed for 2 hours so I was stuck! He's helped me up to bed now, has not apologised but admitted he's been horrible because its his fault I got hurt. He has a lot of issues from his family about blame so I know he'll be better tomorrow, but I feel so very let down by him, I really really needed him today.

Fingers crossed for some sleep.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Return to Pregnancy