Pregnancy updates - May

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy updates - May

Postby Kitcameron » 06 May 2014, 08:26

Is there a May thread already? I couldn't find one so now there is. If there is one already can someone link to it and we can ignore this one.

So, how is everyone? Whose still here? Whose had babies recently? I'm loosing track of everything, baby brain is really taking over. I told FB that G slept from 3.30-7.70 this morning lol.

I've got four weeks left to go but hoping for an early eviction, not too early though, it has to be after the 15th as that's my grandads funeral. Obviously I want to get to the funeral to say goodbye but also my grandma has asked me to read a poem and dh to read a lesson although we do have a (what do you call the person who is the backup in case an actor is ill or whatever? see, baby brain *) Unfortunately our back up readers are also babysitters for when I do go into labour.

Spd has been far worse over the past few days. I think thats because I slept with G the other night cos she was really unhappy (teeth I think) so I stayed in the same position all night and I could barely move when we got up. Yesterday we went to a car boot sale for about half an hour and I was in agony. Dh is so pissed at physio dept. I do finally have an appt for the 23rd May, ten days before Baby D is due. I'm going to complain to PALS though and see if they can bump it forward a bit.

Apart from pain I'm doing ok I think. G and I have lots of things planned for the next few weeks to keep us occupied and hopefully keep G napping so I can also nap after lunch. She's been an angel at going for a nap since we swapped her from sleeping bag to duvet. Hoping the novelty doesn't wear off too soon and she does really prefer a duvet, that'll save me buying her a new sleeping bag as she's outgrown old ones really. Think I'd prefer a duvet lol.

So how is everyone else? Whose due this month? think there's at least two of you. SM at the end of the month and someone on the 11th (that's DHs bday so I remembered) anyone else?

Sorry this is such a mammoth post.

Edited to add:
* an understudy! that's what I meant.
Last edited by Kitcameron on 06 May 2014, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Re: Pregnancy updates - May

Postby jvnt » 06 May 2014, 08:36

<waves> 11th is me. Have a history of late babies though so I think around 19th us more realistic.

Hope the baby listens and also that you get your appointment moved forward kc, they sound a bit useless.
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby Kitcameron » 06 May 2014, 11:19

They have been incredibly useless jvnt. They lost two referral forms before finally getting the third and doing something about it. I waited 11 weeks just for them to acknowledge I needed an appointment and a further 3ish til the appointment.
Kitcameron

Postby SharkiesMum » 06 May 2014, 13:12

That's so rubbish with the physio KC. They tried to give me a physio appointment, in March, for June! I told them that the baby would be out by then and not to bother and asked who I should make a complaint to, and they saw me the next week. Although it was no help whatsoever, but at least it wasn't frustrating. You shouldn't have to threaten to complain to get appropriate treatment! Hopefully you get seen soon and they can do something to help you.

My SPD is awful too unfortunately, we are having parallel pregnancies KC! Since last Thursday I have been in so much pain, I can't get in and out of bed on my own, can't walk anywhere at all (even with my crutches now) and feeling generally miserable all the time. I'm seeing the osteopath every week and it helps but only for 1-2 days and only a limited amount now.

I saw the midwife 2 weeks ago (I haven't posted for a while I don't think, but excuse me if you've heard this already!), baby was fully engaged and I feel really ready to have this baby. I am 36 weeks today. Have my last midwife appointment tomorrow, then have a week of nothing planned except osteo, and then have a week of pre-op appointment, steroid injections each day, and then baby day on Friday the 23rd! It's really not long now. I feel like I am ready to have this baby (well nothing in the house is ready but my body is ready!) so wouldn't be surprised if I went into labour before the C-section again. 17 days maximum now.

I was really sorry to hear about your granddad, I hope you get through the funeral and the reading without too much stress or pain from your SPD. Glad you have a back up though, so there is less pressure on you in case things are starting up. (((KC)))

I have just been writing my C-section birth plan, my midwife wants to see it tomorrow, and I can't find my one from last time. Once I have finished I might post it here, in case I have missed anything obvious if anyone else has done one yet!

Hope everyone is feeling well, jvnt sending you some eviction vibes from Saturday, it's good you are relaxed about going over though.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 06 May 2014, 17:19

Ooh 23rd, I'll try and remember to think of you whilst I'm screaming at the physio, lol. We do seem to have had really similar pregnancies sm, although I think your spd is worse than mine. Mine is bad but I've not succumbed to crutches yet, I did think about it but I just don't see how that would work with a toddler in the house. There are still times when I have no choice but to pick her up and carry her and I couldn't do that on crutches and besides, she'd probably get hold of them and do herself, or me more damage with them lol. I wonder if using them only at weekends when dh is around to look after G would help at all.

Good luck everyone.
Kitcameron

Postby bigcatmaniac » 07 May 2014, 18:49

I'm due on Sat - 10th. Made it back from Scotland today after my uncles funeral yesterday. Am totally knackered but at least LO has gone to bed straight away without any mucking about, after 2 unsettled nights in a strange place. As OH did all the driving up north, I've been up with LO at 5am myself and not getting to bed til half one in the morning. No wonder I'm shattered.com Off to bed myself soon.

Got back in time with 5 mins to spare for my midwife appt this afternoon. Head fully down now - everything on track for a VBAC. Been really feeling the pains in my legs and pelvis the last few days so hoping it won't be long. Just not tonight as I need to get some sleep first! Otherwise I'll be booked in for a section, also on 23rd.

Exciting times ahead. Good luck everyone!
bigcatmaniac

Postby SharkiesMum » 07 May 2014, 20:16

Glad you made it there and back without incident Bigcat. Sounds positive that baby is in the right position for VBAC, fingers crossed it all starts for you soon, hopefully (for your sake I mean) we don't end up csection buddies on the same day!

Had my last midwife appointment today. What a total waste of time. She asked me if I had a date for csection yet...yes I've had it since January and told her 3 times previously. She suggested I go to my gp and get codeine as I'm in so much pain with SPD, then told me if GP says no I should just go and buy it over the counter anyway! She was not interested in my birth plan or anything at all really. But yay, I don't have to go back again now.

Sorry for the length of my previous post, just noticed how long and rambling it was!!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby jvnt » 08 May 2014, 01:36

SM and KC how rubbish they've been, it certainly makes me realise how exceptional the care is here even though we pay for it (or my insurance company does).

Best if luck for the VBAC bcm.
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby Kitcameron » 08 May 2014, 07:55

I had midwife appt yesterday too. Baby D now head down yey, but she didn't say whether she was engaged or not, still four ekes to g though so no worries yet lol. I've got another appt booked for 22nd with midwife. I have to say I do like my midwife, she's been really supportive throughout, it's the physio department that's been so rubbish. She also suggested I go get some codeine from dr but I don't really like codeine, it makes me feel funny, not as bad as a lot of people but I don't want to be all wibbly and baby brain is bad enough without drugs to make me even more fuzzy, not whilst I need to look after an over active toddler. Think I've got things planned for just about every morning up until my due date to occupy her and then hope she sleeps, she didn't yesterday afternoon and I was shattered by bedtime.

Glad you had an ok journey BCM and that your lo went straight to bed. Hope you all had a good nights sleep.

Good luck for the weekend jvnt and BCM. Sending lots of eviction vibes your way.
Kitcameron

Postby Kanga » 08 May 2014, 12:46

Saw my midwife this morning, although not actually my midwife so still haven't actually met her! I'm 16 weeks now and they don't want to see me until 28 weeks now!! Feels a long time away to me although a t least I'll have my scan before that. She couldn't find the heartbeat today & I still can't feel any movement so it's still all quite surreal!

Looking forward to hearing birth stories soon jvnt and bcm :)
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Kitcameron » 08 May 2014, 15:57

I was surprised by how few appts you get as well Kanga. I slipped am extra one at 24 weeks cos I wanted a referral for physio.

I take it she wasn't at all concerned about not finding the heartbeat by the tone of your post? Not trying to alarm you but that would probably worry me unless she'd explained why she wasn't worried. I didn't feel movement til about 23 weeks so I wouldn't (and didn't) worry about that.
Kitcameron

Postby Kanga » 09 May 2014, 08:00

Heartbeat not a concern kc but thanks for your concern. She's aid they don't routinely listen at 16 weeks as it's hard to hear but she'd try. She could hear a movement as the baby tried to get away from the probe though! I felt the others moves at about 20 and 18 weeks so hoping I'll feel this one in the next few weeks.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Kitcameron » 09 May 2014, 08:06

Ah that's good news Kanga, glad she explained why. Some midwives don't seem to explain things which can lead to more panic than is necessary.
Kitcameron

Postby Kitcameron » 10 May 2014, 21:02

Argh, I think I've walked too far over the past few days. Really wish crutches were an option atm, might try tomorrow and see if it makes any difference whilst dh is around.
Kitcameron

Postby bigcatmaniac » 10 May 2014, 22:09

So my waters broke when I was hanging out the washing this lunchtime. Wasn't sure at first as for the first time in ages, I decided to have a soak in the bath this morning. Rang midwife who said to come in this evening to be assessed if no contractions started. You guessed it, no contractions so in I went. Waters definitely gone, baby moving loads and heartbeat fine, but examination shows my cervix is completely closed!!! Midwife couldn't even do a sweep.

PIL now on way from Manchester so they are here tomorrow to look after LO as if contractions don't start, I'm now booked in for an induction tomorrow lunchtime. Really do not want Propess again as I reacted so strongly to it last time. Now trying to stay relaxed and positive and think good VBAC thoughts rather than dwell on induction, bad reaction, fetal distress, emergency c-section like last time. C'mon baby!!!!!!!!!
bigcatmaniac

Next

Return to Pregnancy