Pregnancy updates - April

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy updates - April

Postby SharkiesMum » 01 Apr 2014, 16:21

How is everyone?
I know you didn't want to still be here for this thread FT!

I took the day off work today my SPD is so bad. I went to the GP mostly so they know about it so can sign me off work if needed, and he said that I am doing everything right, and he can give me stronger painkillers if I want (I don't!). Anyway I was in so much pain I walked out of his office and burst into tears and 2 nurses and another GP were there and made me come and sit down and relax which just made me worse!

Hopefully feeling better tomorrow. I'm having a baby NEXT MONTH! Eek.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Re: Pregnancy updates - April

Postby Kitcameron » 01 Apr 2014, 19:08

I'm not doing too badly thanks SM.

Dh is back at work so Little G and I are on our own again, it's not going as badly as I thought actually. G is being really well behaved and as long as we go out in the mornings and she naps after lunch we're going to be ok I think. Spd is getting worse again due to me doing more on my own but it's not unbearable ATM. Still only on paracetamol cos I don't want to move up onto codeine.

Still no physio appt though, gonna call madwife tomorrow and let her know again as she said she was chasing it up and I had to let her know if nothing happened.

So yeah, I think I'm finally starting to stop hating being pregnant if that makes sense.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby FestiveTidings » 01 Apr 2014, 20:19

"madwife" KC - was that a Freudian slip? :D totally true in some cases. I'm glad things are working out with you and little G. Most of the time a routine is all they need. Just make sure and take care of yourself too. You too SM, seems you've been under a lot of stress recently and it's starting to take its toll. Hugs to all of you.

Yes, I guess I didn't think I would be having an April baby but here we are. I've resigned myself to nothing happening until Thursday (they break my waters) or Friday (sunroof eviction). My mum is now staying the week to "keep an eye on me". What does she think I'm going to do? Retile the roof? :) it is appreciated though because I am HUGE (as those who saw my FB pic can testify) and being huge is tiring so the opportunity to nap and rest while she helps with Roo is amazing. I'm trying not to think about the week ahead as I'm getting nervous. Daft I know, but I feel very close to tears if I think about it too much. I think I am just scared of the unknown because a lot of it is unknown to me. It's almost like being a first time mum again.
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Kitcameron » 01 Apr 2014, 20:56

Madwife is what MIL and DH call them lol, if the cap fits and all that.

I think you're so right about routine, ours has been a bit all over the place with dh off work, although he has tried hard to fit in with G, bless him. He does tend to get cabin fever rather easily though lol.

April is a great month for a birthday so don't be too upset. I'm refusing to think about labour as I know I'll just scare myself silly. Felt much more clued up last time as I read up on stuff and tried to prepare (without actually thinking about it too much still) but this time I've been going with the ''well I've done it once I'm sure I can do it again' train of thought and just hoping everything goes as smoothly as last time.

Good luck FT, you'll be great. And SM you look after yourself too, did you say you had a planned c sec booked or something. I know your due date is technically a few days after mine which is June but think I remember you saying you were having this baby at the end of May. Not just in a determined, I will have him/her by the end of May kind of way, but in a more definite kind of way than that lol. Ok, I have severe baby brain so I hope that made sense.
Kitcameron

Postby SharkiesMum » 02 Apr 2014, 03:50

Argh my twitchy arms and legs have had me awake all night. Yes, I'm all booked for 23rd of may, so definitely having the baby next month! It can't come soon enough I feel so awful all the time. But saying that I am nervous about the baby coming early. Am conscious that my sister (my mums 2nd baby) was born at 32 weeks and was in hospital for months when she was born. I know that means nothing but its just in the back of my mind.

I really understand your nervousness FT, particularly with the uncertainty involved for you. When I was still hoping for a VBAC it was the going overdue and having to have waters broken etc/induction that I was most worried about (despite what i just saud about my sister being premature!). Hopefully things get moving before then, but if it's another c-section for you, you know you did everything you could! Sounds good having your mum stay to help with Roo, you need to rest as much as you can. 8 weeks til my mum arrives, I really can't wait.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 02 Apr 2014, 08:24

Is there any particular reason why baby should come early SM? How far will you be on 23rd May? Must admit I'm hoping baby D comes anytime after 37 weeks, preferably before 40 weeks lol.
Kitcameron

Postby SharkiesMum » 02 Apr 2014, 14:59

No, no reason at all for baby to come early! Just my crazy mind, worrying about things in the middle of the night. I'll be 38+1 (according to them, according to me I will be 38+4) on the 23rd of May. DS came before his booked C-section so ended up with an emergency section, and they want to avoid that this time so that's why it's at 38 weeks.

I took today off work too as my pelvis is still so sore, but going back tomorrow. Still have 4 more weeks of work but I might bring that forward by a week as can't see how I'll be managing in 4 weeks time!

How are you coping on your own at home KC? Hope managing with little G is going ok still. Working fulltime is extremely stressful but it is physically much easier than being at home all day with A!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 02 Apr 2014, 15:58

It's not too bad ATM thanks. We've been out every morning and then she's had an afternoon nap after lunch which has killed a fair bit of time. Had a bit too much telly this morning for my liking but she was really grumpy and I was struggling to have the energy to entertain her til 10.30 when we went out. Well, it's part lack of energy and part spd pain.

Have to find something for tomorrow morning now. Possibly try a new toddler group but I can't keep finding groups which cost money, we'll be skint soon.
Kitcameron

Postby Jaymlin » 03 Apr 2014, 07:32

I'm having one of those mornings where I wish I was full term already so I could have my baby. I just want to know whether I'll go in labour naturally or be induced again. I really don't want the latter as it wasn't a pleasant experience. I also feel abit fed up being pregnant but don't know why.
At least it's morning and I've got the rest of the day to perk up.
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby SharkiesMum » 03 Apr 2014, 11:48

(((Jaymlin))) how much longer do you have to go? It's hard not knowing what's going to happen isn't it? Hope your day improves.

KC- I'm not sure where you live, but the children's centres near us all do free toddler groups. Gardening club, trendytots, messy play, singing group just to name a few. Have you asked if yours do anything like that? Also you can go to any children's centre so even if your closest doesn't do groups the next closest might? There is no way DS could go to the number of groups he does if they weren't free! And they usually feed him too!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 03 Apr 2014, 15:05

We do go to free ones too, we couldn't afford to go out every day either if we had to pay for them all. Tbh I don't mind laying £1.50 for an hour and a half with food and drinks for both G and me thrown in too. The toys are all lovely and clean and the rooms are great too. The one this morning was £2.50 which I think might be a bit steep but it was lovely and G lived it. Also quite a few of our friends go which is nice for us both and again we both got fed and watered so that I think I'll keep going. It's a great way to wear G out in the morning so we have a nice easy afternoon, no nap though unfortunately :(
Kitcameron

Postby Jaymlin » 06 Apr 2014, 07:09

SM I'm only 23 weeks! I was just having one of those mornings as I felt fine later on. When I waa induced with F I had already been having mild contractions for 2 days before hand and in hindsight I'm sure had I have been left a lit bit longer I wouldn't have needed the induction. I've decided that if the same happens this time I'm going to request to hold off induction a little bit longer and give my body the chance to do it naturally. Second time round I feel more confident with going with my body rather than a midwife iyswim?
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby SharkiesMum » 07 Apr 2014, 09:05

I feelso much more confident in my choices this time round too...and in standing up for myself more.

I just went to the GP as I'm now on crutches all the time with my SPD and was really struggling at work last week - I was hoping he'd sign me off work for a week, but he wouldn't, he said he'd sign me off for a month minimum! And he apologised for not asking whether I was working last time I saw him. A month takes me up to my maternity leave start date! I cried, obviously. But with relief more than anything. It feels so weird to think I'm not going back, I haven't handed anything over, eek there's so much to sort out.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 07 Apr 2014, 12:36

(((SM)))

Glad things are getting sorted for you. Is A at nursery and will they continue to go to give you a break? I'm so glad I've not been working whilst pg. Looking after G is hard work but at least I can decide my own timetable and routine etc and can (try to) have a nap or a break when she has her nap etc. (still trying to persuade her to have one today and think I'm fighting a loosing battle, and when I say trying I mean I've put her in bed and I'm using telepathic hypnosis to send her to sleep. It's not working.
Kitcameron

Postby SharkiesMum » 07 Apr 2014, 15:32

A doesn't go to nursery, DH is a SAHD - hence me working full time. It's a mixed blessing, he just wants me all the time, and DH is pretty good but tends to say "oh since you're here ill just finish building the decking" or something else. If I ask him not to then he won't though. he's not quite getting that I'm at home because I'm not well, it's not just coparenting like on the weekends. It'll be fine it's just an adjustment period. It'll be great once we have two children though, with two parents at home!

Glad you are doing ok looking after G, A was the same he wouldn't nap today. I lay in his bed with him for close to two hours reading and singing quietly but he wouldn't go off to sleep! He's grumpy now though.

How's everyone else doing?
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Next

Return to Pregnancy