Pregnancy updates - March

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - March

Postby Biddy » 27 Mar 2014, 14:30

FT have you got a birth ball? A bit of bouncing might get baby moving, helps to engage the head I think. Good news about the platelets!

Kanga (((hugs))) the headaches are horrible. Hope they disappear soon.

I had my 12wk scan this morning! Finally!! I'm 15+6 :o wowzer. It was a lovely scan. The midwife was training to be a sonographer and she had a consultant instructing and testing her and another midwife observing, so it was quite a crowd. They were all very nice and chatty and we had quite a laugh. As the pregnancy was more advanced the consultant decided to treat it like a 20wk scan to give the midwife practice, so they went through every detail, checking everything, and I got to see all of it. It took ages but it was great, and so interesting as I was learning all about the process, what to look for, all the technical words and how the machine works too. And best of all baby seems to be fine with everything in the right places. The only comment that could cause concern was something to do with the brain, something was "a bit too low down" but consultant said she's not worried about it at this stage as there's still lots of development to go, she said they'll have another look at 20wks. She seemed unconcerned so I'm not going to worry myself about it. Due date is 9th September!
Then had booking in appt where all my forms were filled in, had a lovely long chat with the midwife about all sorts of things, we ended up giggling a lot :D and keeping everyone waiting oops. But the whole morning was such a nice experience and I felt really elated and happy, only for DH to call me up all grumpy on the phone and ruined my mood :(

Well anyway I'm home and have had a cup of tea so I feel better now.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby FestiveTidings » 27 Mar 2014, 20:20

Yay for the scan and appt Biddy (though boo at DH!) it's great when you get professionals you can connect with.

I do have a birth ball - I've been bouncing on the damn thing religiously for weeks. DH says it sees more action than him :) all it does for he is give me a numb bum and make me need to pee.

I'm reading and running tonight as I'm shattered so having an early night. Just wanted to check in and reassure everyone I am still here!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby FestiveTidings » 28 Mar 2014, 20:13

Still here........
FestiveTidings

Postby Biddy » 28 Mar 2014, 22:22

Aww FT. Is there a newborn anywhere that you can cuddle? Seems to work for some people at getting their labour going. I mean the newborn of a friend, don't just grab any random one otherwise you may end up in prison!

Have you tried the traditional induction tricks?
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby SharkiesMum » 28 Mar 2014, 22:30

I had my fingers crossed for you today FT...but you aren't very overdue yet, so just relax if you can!

Following on from the other thread, do you have childcare for R sorted? Maybe that's what you need to kick labour off! Hope you have a restful weekend.

I know I shouldn't complain since lots of people have so much trouble conceiving...but I hate being pregnant. I hate it. There aren't many things I actually hate but there we are. Lucky DS is so wonderful or I'm not sure I would have done it again.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 28 Mar 2014, 22:39

I feel your pain SM. I'm really not enjoying this one much either, and that makes me feel so guilty. I'm on my own all day tomorrow cos dh is out for a church day thingy and I'm dreading it. I've tried arranging to meet up with friends but people either aren't replying to my texts or are unavailable. Only dreading it cos G can be really hard work when you're on your own and pregnant. Generally she's lovely. Hope she has a good nap in the afternoon. Today she didn't nap at all. No rest on Sunday as we have to be up early to go to a christening and then to my parents for tea and then I'm on my own all day Monday as well. At least Monday we have boob club in the morning, then lunch, nap time and hopefully dh will be home soon after that.

Also, I think D is trying to claw her way out of me. I now understand what people mean when they say it feels like fingernails scratching you from the inside. Argh, it's not exactly painful but really uncomfortable. Stay there for a few more weeks little girl please.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Biddy » 28 Mar 2014, 23:10

SM I feel your pain also. Number three isn't turning out to be any easier or more fun than number two. Just as I've got rid of the sickness and started feeling a teeny bit excited about being pregnant, the joint and muscle pain has started. I've been limping and waddling all day. And I'm so tired and emotional. I'm really fed up already and looking forward to giving birth. Hmmm only 6 months to go...

Plus some crazy constipation this morning, I never get constipated so it's not something I'm used to. Sorry for tmi but it felt like giving birth! I swear it had a head and shoulders!! I had trouble walking afterwards :scream
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby SharkiesMum » 30 Mar 2014, 15:33

((())) for all of us today.

Thinking of you especially today FT...a Mother's Day baby would be lovely. sorry, no pressure, not checking up on you, just saying I'm thinking of you for when its time!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby FestiveTidings » 30 Mar 2014, 16:01

Thanks SM! Was thinking the same myself while I was contracting between 2am and 8am. Got down to 7 mins apart and then........ they stopped again. Ah well!

Hope everyone is having a good Mother's Day. I know it can't all be breakfast in bed and flowers but I hope you've been appreciated in some way.
FestiveTidings

Postby SharkiesMum » 30 Mar 2014, 16:39

Exciting FT. It must be disappointing, but it'll be soon. You will be so prepared by the time it happens, you'll be amazing!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby FestiveTidings » 30 Mar 2014, 18:27

I hope so SM. I'm either going to be amazing or completely knackered! The section is booked for the end of next week so if I don't go myself, at least I know I'll be holding my little one by this time next week.
FestiveTidings

Postby SharkiesMum » 30 Mar 2014, 18:31

Lovely! Fingers crossed for labour soon though.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby monkeydo » 30 Mar 2014, 21:35

Hoping for you FT!

Anyone else read about predictions of this being the hottest summer ever. Just what I‘ll need when v heavily pregnant!
Mum to little man J born February 2012 and little lady R born July 2014
monkeydo

Postby EnigmaFish » 30 Mar 2014, 22:46

v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Biddy » 30 Mar 2014, 23:13

FT just think hopefully the practice labours are helping to thin your cervix, so might make labour slightly shorter when it starts for real.

I'm wide awake :? Sleep body, sleep!
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy