Re: Pregnancy updates - March

Postby SharkiesMum » 24 Mar 2014, 19:46

A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby FestiveTidings » 24 Mar 2014, 20:30

Not suspicious! I'm still here! :)

We've had lovely weather up here today so I've spent most of it in the garden and I don't get much of a wifi signal out there.

Gaviscon liquid is soooooo much better (although u also found drinking milk first sometimes helped without resorting to Gaviscon).

I'm sorry SM but your story of tears at work made me smile. I cried all the time at my work too. It was worse the nicer the person was to me!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby SharkiesMum » 24 Mar 2014, 20:42

Haha, sorry FT! You're allowed to go outside without wifi access!

I am super professional at work and NEVER cry there, so it was really embarrassing.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 24 Mar 2014, 20:57

Sm I think we're sharing a pregnancy lol. I also can't keep Gaviscon down, either as tablets or liquid. I use milk when it gets really bad.

I also had a big red mark and sore arm after whooping cough.

Have discovered Baby D likes Phish Food. Also, when G head butted her (very random moment, she wasn't angry or climbing on me or anything, she just decided to see what it'd be like if she head butted me repeatedly in the stomach, luckily dh rescued me) D kicked her back, although not at the right time for G to feel her so I just got attacked from both sides by my lovely little girls.

How are you feeling FT?
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Jaymlin » 24 Mar 2014, 22:18

SM I burst into tears 3times on Friday in public and without any prior warning! Well the tears were triggered but normally I wouldn't have cried at such situations. Typically wasn't wearing waterproof mascara either. Cue panda eyes!

My tummy has started to move when the baby kicks/wriggles. DP saw it for the first time last night. Brings back all the lovely memories from my first pregnancy.
Love being a mummy to the beautiful F (april 12) and especially love BLW.
Jaymlin

Postby EnigmaFish » 25 Mar 2014, 00:13

Thanks for all the congratulations! :D
I'm happy we found out the gender this time around, as (to be honest) I really wanted a boy. This way, I get some time to be disappointed and adjust to having two girls, so by the time she comes out I'll be all excited again!

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's aches and pains!

Generally, if you announce the gender of your baby before the birth, would you keep the name a secret? I feel I want to have something to tell people when she's born, other than the weight.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby SharkiesMum » 25 Mar 2014, 08:20

I think today is going to be another day of tears - at work and already feel overwhelmed! It's my colleagues last day before maternity leave so it's only going to get more stressful before I finish up. And I can't remember if I am wearing waterproof mascara or normal, uh-oh!

EF - it is a personal decision, but I wouldn't tell anyone the name, as I think it's nice to have something to tell when the baby is born. Also then people can't pass comment and put you off a name you might like...once the baby is here it doesn't matter what they think/say! But that's only me. I have 2 colleagues pregnant at the same time as me and they both know the gender, and have told people that, but have not told anyone the name.

I think we finally have a girls name! Something new, not one of the ones we had been deciding between, and I am really happy with it. But now I am going back to the boys name. I do like it but DH put it in my head that it would also be a good name for a dog! Which is true but that doesn't make it a bad name for a person.

Have a nice day everyone, I'll update you on the crying situation!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Biddy » 25 Mar 2014, 11:45

Wrt Gaviscon and other heartburn medicines, make sure they don't contain aluminium. I think gaviscon tabs contain it but the regular liquid doesn't (the extra-strength liquid does). I will post a thread soon with a link to a pretty scary documentary about the effects of aluminium on the body and brain, and how it can affect an unborn child if pregnant women are consuming aluminium. Those children are shown to be more susceptible to allergies. Anyway, will post the link on another thread.
Sorry I'm going to be more irritating now but milk probably isn't very helpful for heartburn and acid reflux, although it feels soothing at the time. It actually produces more acid in the stomach. I only know this because my friend had a peptic ulcer while she was pg and I was looking up treatments for her. Everywhere I read it said to avoid dairy foods and other fats as they produce more acid, even though they feel soothing going down.
Ginger is pretty effective if you can stand it? I find chewing on a few pieces of crystallised ginger usually helps a fair bit. But for me by the last trimester nothing much seems to do the job, not even guzzling the gaviscon :(

SM I hope the mascara is waterproof! I'm quite a tearful person without being pregnant, easily moved, so when I'm pregnant it's just a joke. I have to carry tissues everywhere with me!
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby FestiveTidings » 25 Mar 2014, 14:51

That's weird about the milk Biddy. I've drank milk for years to ease heartburn and it's usually works. It's only when if doesn't I resort to the big guns. I've only drank one bottle of gaviscon this whole pregnancy!

We found out too EF, but we only told people who asked if we knew what it was, we didn't announce it so to speak. The family found out pretty quickly but I've been careful to remain gender neutral on FB. The name is completely top secret and no one will know that until they read the birth announcement we text them!

I'm still here. Still holding on. Though to be fair I'm only 40+1!
FestiveTidings

Postby monkeydo » 25 Mar 2014, 21:54

I would hold back on the name too - last time our family put us off our favourite name for J and I still slightly regret it.

This time I‘m keeping totally quiet.
Mum to little man J born February 2012 and little lady R born July 2014
monkeydo

Postby SharkiesMum » 26 Mar 2014, 08:21

Well it won't be too much longer FT! Thinking about you lots!

No tears yesterday, just extreme rage at incompetent people. I have lost all tolerance now. I think I am going slightly mad!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby FestiveTidings » 26 Mar 2014, 15:53

Ohh baby rage! I had that quite frequently. It was scary how many times I opened a can of whoopass on people.

Today is day 282 in the wee mammy house which is 40+2. Just been for my last midwife appt. All is well. Baby is quite comfortable and showing no signs of wanting to leave (head is not even engaged). The next appt I have with a health professional is next week at my pre-assessment for either getting my waters broken or for a section. Good news is that my platelets are now at 82 which means that if I were to go for a section then I would qualify for a spinal rather than a general. Woo hoo! Fingers crossed they stay up :)
FestiveTidings

Postby Kanga » 26 Mar 2014, 16:08

Yay on the platelets ft :) and here's hoping baby gets a bit less comfy soon!

Ef, if I found out the sex I wouldn't share the name. Partly to save any reactions and partly so there was something to announce on the day. With ds we had 2 names lined up and mil in particular was desperate to know but we didn't say. In fact she's already asked if we'll keep it a secret this time too. Hopefully she'll be less persistent this time round! ;)

Hugs to all with heartburn. I never suffered with it with the other 2 but early pregnancy for me seems to be plagued with headaches. Still, am 10 weeks now so hopefully won't be for much longer!

I am also very teary at the mo, very tired to which doesn't help. All my rage seems to get directed at the children which isn't great! :(
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Kitcameron » 26 Mar 2014, 17:15

I've found that I've had less heart burn. It more like acid reflux this time round and it can be mostly controlled by sleeping on my left hand side rather than back or right. I can't stay on left as I can't stay in one position all night so swap to right periodically but if reflux comes back I roll back again. Not brilliant as that's when spd hurts most for some reason but there we go.

I know last time we were in Austria at about this stage of my pregnancy and each night I had to go down to the bar and ask for a glass of milk to keep heartburn at bay during the night but nowhere near that bad this time, yey, something that is actually going better this time round.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby EnigmaFish » 26 Mar 2014, 23:39

Thanks, all, for the advice on the names. I don't want to tell people but I was curious if that was the norm or not. I hadn't even thought about people putting us off a name!

Actually, I've the opposite problem: MIL told me the other day that she gets so many compliments on Kleintje's name that we have to pick another one which is just as nice. Err... no pressure there, then! Not only is this one going to be the PNSC, but she'll have to live in the shadow of a sister with a Better Name!

My sympathies to everyone with heartburn!

FT, your baby doesn't sound in any hurry to come out, but you don't seem in a huge rush to get it out, either. It's good you're so relaxed.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy