Pregnancy updates - March

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - March

Postby scotrail » 31 Mar 2014, 17:19

I'm just dropping by to boast that I've handed in my statistics exam today and am officially on maternal leave until September.. Hurraaaahhhh!

Feels good, even though I had to give up exercising as I am just unable to do anything.. last yoga class was two weeks ago, when I noticed that I couldn't really do forward bends anymore, not because of hamstring issues, but because of erm, bump issues.. So it felt a bit pointless to continue. I now practice on my living room floor, and yesterday walked up the very steep hill to my parents' house -I seriously thought I'd give birth about half-way. But exercising vigorously (a walk is vigorous in week 38!) is the only way to keep muscular / back pain issues at bay so it was worth it -I slept like a baby last night. Like one of those sleeping babies I've ordered.

So now I just have to come to terms with having to give birth shortly, and find out if we actually have any clothing which might fit the resulting baby, and maybe clear out a spare bedroom so I can escape in there when necessary.. Praying every day that baby will not come early as I really want the next two weeks to myself!
scotrail

Postby FestiveTidings » 31 Mar 2014, 18:21

Yay for Maternity Leave!

Hope you get sorted Scotrail. I'm sure baby won't turn up till you are ready for them :)

Maybe I tempted fate by making sure I was ready by 37 weeks. 41+0 today!

Posted my final bump picture on FB and now have one of my friends gushing for info. Trying to be specific without giving away details is hard! Nosy beggar that she is!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby SharkiesMum » 31 Mar 2014, 20:18

Ha that'll teach you for giving away too much info on FB FT! :) You'll be snuggling a lovely newborn in no time.

My SPD has been much better, but the baby moved round like crazy yesterday and now my pelvis is out again and I am in SO much pain today. Didn't know how I was going to get from my office to the car today. Think I'll have to call in sick tomorrow, there is no way I can move around all day at work. Hopefully a day of sitting on the sofa will help.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Previous

Return to Pregnancy