Pregnancy updates - March

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy updates - March

Postby mamapup » 02 Mar 2014, 11:40

I have just inhaled: a snack bag of maltesers, a piece of bread and jam, a hot cross bun and a banana. I still feel hungry and as if I could eat my own arm. Why does food sometimes just not touch the sides at all? I feel weak with hunger still.

And I can no longer say 'I'm having a baby next month'. Gulp.

(KC, now you don't have to feel bad about starting three pregnancy threads in a row, I beat you to this one!)

Hope everyone else is feeling well.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Re: Pregnancy updates - March

Postby FestiveTidings » 02 Mar 2014, 13:06

I've just had a medium sized big tasty with bacon from Mcd's and I'm seriously tempted to ask DH to go back and get a caramel sundae. Some days I just can't fill my stomach and other days I can barely eat a thing.

I'm at my in laws as DH is buying a new car tomorrow and I am being lavished with TLC. I don't want to go home!

MamaPup - 3 weeks and one day for me until Due Date (I know it's closer for you) but I can't say I've a month to go either! #ohmygodohmygodohmygod!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby mamapup » 02 Mar 2014, 13:18

Glad it's.not just me.

I've been sent to bed. Feel really tired and weak. Actually want to play with the puppy but know Mr.c is right. Snooze ti.e.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby SharkiesMum » 02 Mar 2014, 13:35

Exciting that it's so close for both of you now! I'm home now, feeling ok except I think I have SPD - never had it last time but feels like my pubic bone is going to split down the middle! The plane didn't help though. Back to work for me tomorrow. But only 9 weeks left! Let the countdown begin!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Biddy » 02 Mar 2014, 17:49

Ooo exciting, more forum babies soon! I also seem to be endlessly hungry, I've never felt so hungry! And yet when I eat I never really enjoy it.

I seem to be bloating, have put on several pounds in the last couple of days. I look quite pregnant now but unfortunately it's water/gas/food not baby :? And I'm starting to seize up; if I sit down for a while it's hard to get up again, I have to spend a while trying to straighten my back and my legs don't walk properly at first. Oh dear! I feel like a 90yr old woman.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby mamapup » 04 Mar 2014, 21:25

Mr.c just gamely let me try the tens machine on him. Most entertaining because to start with we couldn't get it to work and then, all of a.sudden he yelped as I electrocuted him! Fun.

mamapup

Postby qbm » 05 Mar 2014, 16:15

E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Kanga » 06 Mar 2014, 12:32

Just got my booking in appt through. A week on Monday so I'll be a day off 9 weeks by then :)

Ended up taking another test yesterday as it all seems so surreal still! No idea when nausea set in with the others but surely by now?! I am quite hungry a lot of the time and tired beyond belief so don't feel 'normal' but don't exactly feel pregnant! :s
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby scotrail » 06 Mar 2014, 13:22

I have been feeling pretty beached whale lately, until one of the radiologists told me that his wife (also Asian) stopped weighing at 82.5kgs (she usually weighed about 55); she could not drive for the last six weeks as her legs and arms "were too short" to reach pedal / wheels, and she had to get a sliding board from the hospital to put under her bum overnight so she could turn over in bed! Given that I did a 90min yoga class with relative ease last night, I now feel I should shut up, get on with it and not complain ;)

If breastfeeding doesn't work out though, I'm not sure what will become of the extra me once the baby's out... I've just let my diet slide; my rule is I can only eat healthy stuff during the day but am allowed a bowl of snacks or chocolate in the evening. Must. Not. Do. That. Anymore. After. Fully BF-ing time. Ends...
scotrail

Postby mamapup » 06 Mar 2014, 19:07

Hey Kanga, that's exciting and don't complain about not feeling sick! There're plenty who'd kill to have not felt ill for 13 weeks!

And bugger, both my parents are busy tomorrow. I was hoping that one of them might be doing nothing so I could persuade them to come and play with the puppy and me. I don't know if I will manage a whole day of running around after a puppy. I think Mr.C said he'll 'work from home' if my parents can't help but I feel bad asking him. Ah well, needs must!

mamapup

Postby FestiveTidings » 06 Mar 2014, 20:10

Needs must MP - you basically told me the same thing last week! :)

If you are a beached whale SP I must resemble a small country! I too cannot drive as the steering wheel digs into the bump. If I push my seat back to get more comfortable then my short arms and legs can't reach the wheel/pedals. Which means busing it to all the appt I have and it's costing a small fortune (£3.20 return trip just to my docs).

Platelets are still low. Meeting with haematologist tomorrow to go over birth options. Had my appt with the anesthetist on Tuesday who basically went through all the options for me during VBAC and section and was very positive only to do a complete u-turn when I mentioned low platelets. If platelets are under 100, no epidural and if under 80 no spinal, I would be restricted to morphine and if I did end up with a section I would be looking at a GA which I don't want at all. My latest platelet count was 72 so feeling a bit disheartened. :(
FestiveTidings

Postby Kanga » 06 Mar 2014, 20:28

Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Kanga

Postby mamapup » 06 Mar 2014, 21:18

You're right, FT,funny how it's.easy to dole out advice but never take your.own!
I'm sorry that the platelets are still low and that it may limit your.options,.Good luck tomorrow for a lovely doc who has good ideas.

Sorry Kanga, hope you know that was a gentle poke and.not seriously saying shut up or anything. I totally understand any pregnancy worries /niggles.

My.midwife is back on duty from tomorrow night as.far.as.I know so the baby is now free to come. A good friend just said her labour began with period type pains, which I've been having on and off for a.day or two but I do t actually think anything is really happening as.nothing is regular or very painful yet.

mamapup

Postby Kanga » 07 Mar 2014, 10:11

Ooh mp, could be things getting ready to start. And yes I know what you were saying. Dh keeps telling me to be glad I don't feel ill with the 2 others to look after but it is just making it all more surreal. Still a few weeks till the scan too so just going to have to ride it out.

Kanga

Postby FestiveTidings » 07 Mar 2014, 14:25

Kanga, it's hard when you have no symptoms but please, enjoy the knowledge and the freedom you've got! :)

Hospital appt was this morning and was great. There was an obstetrician, a haematologist and a senior registrar set up to see me and they covered everything. The haematologist was especially good in totally removing the anxiety over the low platelets. Yes, it's something we have to be aware of, but it will essentially only affect what anaesthetic is used should I need a section (platelets below 80 means a general anaesthetic, above 80 means a spinal). The obstetrician was brilliant in explaining how they handle GA sections in terms of recovery time and how long I would be out and away from my baby and that DH would he in a different room, but they would be more than happy to give baby to him to have skin to skin until I came round. All in all feeling a lot more positive that this isn't the huge problem the anaesthetist made it out to be.

Like MP I've had back pain and tightenings on and off since yesterday. Even if they are just practice pains it's my body gearing up for things to come. Bring it on!!! :)
FestiveTidings

Next

Return to Pregnancy