pregnancy lengths statistics

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: pregnancy lengths statistics

Postby RJandA » 30 Jan 2014, 20:12

Jelly Belly wrote:
From what I understand, first pregnancies and subsequent pregnancies differ in duration by roughly 3 days.

Sorry to pick nits, but I think you mean "roughly 3 days ON AVERAGE". Some people will match the average, as you did, but the vast majority will not, which is where it becomes problematic if you try to apply results like this to your particular situation.
Mum to Big A - (March 2010), Li'l A - (December 2012)
RJandA

Postby Louisianablue2000 » 30 Jan 2014, 20:17

41+0, 40+2, 36+4. Need I say more? My Mum had a flight down booked for a week before DS was due. She changed it and got to ours 2 days after he was born and left before she had planned to arrive IYSWIM. I'd say pay the full price for any flights so they can be changed at short notice if need be.
See DD1's first few meals here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisianab ... 629434614/
See DD2's weaning video here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisianab ... 826217940/

DD1 Dec 07, DD2 June 09, DS Sept 12
Louisianablue2000

Postby Kitcameron » 31 Jan 2014, 13:15

G arrived on her due date (just, 23.47) we were told that 4% of babies a river on their due date which didn't sound very many. Then when we worked it out that was about 8 babies a week which sounded like quite a lot really.

I had heard that second babies usually came a bit earlier than first babies. That doesn't look like it's necessarily true, (obviously this is a generalisation) from what people have said. Dammit, I was hoping to not have to wait til 40 weeks lol. Not that I want a premie or anything, well I'd be happy to have a premie as long as they were fine health wise and didn't have to stay in but that's fairly unlikely, it's the health problems and worries I don't want, but a week or two early I'd be happy with.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Previous

Return to Pregnancy