Permission to whinge, please?

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Permission to whinge, please?

Postby cloudcuckoo » 24 Jan 2014, 12:22

Can I just get some stuff off my chest, please?

- I am 39+5 weeks pregnant and baby has decided to turn back to back;
- I have been up all night with dd1 who has been puking endlessly. DH mostly slept through, but when I tried to delegate at 6.30 he was more concerned about puke on carpets than comforting/ helping/ moving the puking child, all in the name of self-preservation.
- so, now I am totally exposed to bug, and due to have new baby any day. Great. So how do I stop DD2 getting it too?
- DSis has kindly come to my rescue and taken DD2 out to her Friday class and on for lunch. DD2 threw the most horrendous tantrum getting in her car, worst she's ever had. Guess she's either coming down with something, or we have big separation issues coming our way with the new baby. And I really don't want to pass the bug to my toddler niece;
- So-called-BFF (childless, see Supermansmum's thread) has been nattering me about due date over FB. One message read 'have you pissed yourself yet?'. Charming. I have ignored it. Today's wants to know if she can put baby gift in post with my birthday present which she's posting today. I really want to tell her where to go and that she will know when the rest of my friends and family do, I.e. When we are ready.
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Re: Permission to whinge, please?

Postby A_W » 24 Jan 2014, 12:27

Tell her where to go. Do it now and you can blame pregnancy hormones. I'd be livid. Delete her posts off your wall too. Some people have no bloody clue! How utterly rude.
H - big school girl - April 08
A - my gorgeous boy - Jan 11
A_W

Postby robyn » 24 Jan 2014, 12:28

(((((()))))))) we all had a sickness bug in the week before Ida was born, it's miserable, you have my sympathies.
I've also had a back to back baby! she was big and it was hard work, but it wasn't the end of the world, and if your's has just turned then there's every chance they'll turn back again - spend as much time as possible on your hands and knees...
It'll be over soon - newborns are a breeze compared to multiple children + pregnancy.
Mum to Martha - 17/08/07 Greta - 04/02/11 and Ida - 18/10/13.
http://robynwilsonowen.com
robyn

Postby supermansmum » 24 Jan 2014, 12:54

((((()))))) sympathies......it's the weekend...can you give yourself the weekend off?...let dh do the parties.....and get on your hands and knees.....take dd2 (assuming she is well) out for a cake......and yes delete stupid friends comments and send her a message saying you've selected them because it a personal time and you don't want it splashed over facebook until you are ready...at whatever stage that maybe.......I'll bring chocolate round next time I'm in town!!
Mum to two Supermen - Aka D Jan -09 & E March-11
supermansmum

Postby KateGladTidings » 24 Jan 2014, 13:06

Sympathy and (((((((())))))))
Mother to R, June 2009, and E, May 2012

http://londonwithatoddler.com

Twitter: @LondonWAToddler
KateGladTidings

Postby StJuniper » 24 Jan 2014, 13:19

- I am 39+5 weeks pregnant

This is permission enough to whinge without all the other stuff. (((())))) Hope this is all pushed out of your mind by newborn cuddles soon.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby A_W » 24 Jan 2014, 14:16

Just to let you know I spent a whole night clearing up sick in October and no one else in our family got it. I washed my hands alot but no idea if that helped. Wishing you escape it too x
A_W

Postby DandelionFrosting » 24 Jan 2014, 14:21

StJuniperWreath wrote:
- I am 39+5 weeks pregnant

This is permission enough to whinge without all the other stuff. (((())))) Hope this is all pushed out of your mind by newborn cuddles soon.

This. You're almost there! Everything will be much better very soon.
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby cloudcuckoo » 24 Jan 2014, 17:53

Thanks, all. DD1 has eaten half a banana and half a slice of toast, and has been dancing around to One Direction in a sudden change of mood, so I think she is on the mend after a day of tv and computer games. DD2 had a great time with my sister and calmed down as soon as they were around the corner. I have bleached and dettol-ed everything that DD1 has been near. I have told my mate that I have a blanket policy of ignoring all questions about the baby until I am ready and certainly whilst dealing with puking kids. She sent me some kind of sticker back as a reply - a cartoon of Snoopy being smacked on the nose. I don't know or care what it means. I have done a lot of washing. I am going to stick the kids in the bath and wash hair shortly, I think remaining bacteria/ viruses will be in DD1's hair ends now.

Supermansmum - I am hopeful that we won't have shared with you or your DS2, I think it may have been the result of being cooped up with two classes of potentially pukey kids on a bus for yesterday's school trip. I hope you don't get it.

Generally, I think it's probably going to be okay. Fingers crossed DD2 didn't catch it pre-bleach...
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Postby A_W » 24 Jan 2014, 17:59

Good luck and how on earth did you not say something more rude to your 'friend'. I've no idea how you kept so controlled. I'd delete her stupid sticker reply and all her others anyway. I'll be wishing you lots of sleep and no more puking x
A_W

Postby mamapup » 24 Jan 2014, 21:55

Hoping you get a good night's sleep and lots of rest this weekend.
Friend sounds like she's being an idiot, I would say something too.
And whinge away, you are most certainly allowed!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby cloudcuckoo » 26 Jan 2014, 16:24

Guess what? 3.30 this morning and DD2 started with the bug. I spent a large part of the following hours dozing on her beanbag until handing over to DH at 7am and retreating to bed. Also had to endure a kids princess party and a visit from extended family who arrived just as DH and I were about to eat a sarnie. Their dog roamed the house, which they chased after, and only now do I realise quite what a state the bedrooms are in, what with the unmade beds and piles of laundry thanks to the bug. Mortifying. Actually, I'm very glad that I stood down my parents and sister who were meant to be coming over and bringing tea. I am retreating for a snooze - happy birthday to me... Oh, and 40w today, don't come now baby, have your own birthday...
cloudcuckoo

Postby TPM » 26 Jan 2014, 19:06

Oh CC what a rubbish birthday, poor you. Hope you get some rest tonight and baby hangs on till you're all bug-less. It all seems so dreadful now but all that lovely oxytocin that's headed your way will undo all of it! ((()))
DD1 05/08, DD2 01/10 & DD3 04/12
TPM

Postby mamapup » 26 Jan 2014, 19:15

CC, happy birthday, sorry it wasn't more fun.
Baby, stay put a few more days.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby supermansmum » 26 Jan 2014, 20:05

Happy birthday cc....hope you had a good rest...nearly there in all fronts from baby arriving to laundry!
Mum to two Supermen - Aka D Jan -09 & E March-11
supermansmum

Next

Return to Pregnancy