Pregnancy updates - January

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - January

Postby Kitcameron » 23 Jan 2014, 18:01

Woo, congrats MKM. Enjoy your newborn baby snuggles.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 23 Jan 2014, 18:52

Five working days left. Five. Yes, five. I am quite excited by this. Five.

Oh, did I mention...five working days left.

And oddly, instead of it being a mad rush to finish, I've pretty much handed everything over to my uber-competent cover and have very little left to do. Some late morning and early leavings may be coming my way I feel.

Oh, yes, in case you're wondering...five days left.
(sorry, been a long day!)
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby FestiveTidings » 23 Jan 2014, 18:55

Lol, I've 9 days left MP!

Congratulations MKM, that's lovely news!
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby mamapup » 23 Jan 2014, 19:11

It's a great feeling, huh, FT?

I'm really not feeling as knackered as I was before giving up work pre-puppy. I guess it's because a) it's two weeks earlier and b) it's not summer but I feel like I might actually enjoy a bit of me-time this time around rather than just being too enormous to do much.

MKM, can you spread some of this easy birth dust you seem to have collected?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby qbm » 23 Jan 2014, 19:55

Yay FT and MP - time seems to be flying :D

And as for MKM's birth dust... Me first please!! Now would be good but OH would like me to produce a sprog on Sunday evening is possible. No pressure there then! ;)
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Mummyto1 » 23 Jan 2014, 23:18

:bsmile That was a well hidden announcement! Congratulations MKM!
Now proud Mummyto3 little crazies!
Mummyto1

Postby EnigmaFish » 24 Jan 2014, 00:30

I have... 108 days left until I finish work! Hands up who hates their job?

Question for those of ye who breastfed, but aren't currently: my breasts periodically feel tingly, like when it was time to feed. Surely they're not getting ready to produce milk now, at fourteen weeks? It's really annoying, like nettle-itch. (I want to scratch and I can't = I want to fed a baby and I can't. Argh!)
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby meerkatsmum » 24 Jan 2014, 03:27

Thanks everyone !

*sprinkles easy birth dust around the place!*

And it really is true what they say, newborn+toddler is way easier than heavily pregnant+toddler. I'm up all night but at least during the day I have way more energy.

EF - you wouldn't be producing milk, maybe colostrum? It's probably just your breasts changing.

MP - have you made a decision about vbac or c-section?
DD - Meerkat (October 2011)
DD - Wombat (January 2014)
meerkatsmum

Postby mamapup » 24 Jan 2014, 07:29

Got a final scan in ten days or so. We will make a decision post scan. I think, all being well, we will follow advice and go monitored vbac. If I didn't have a.puppy then I'd choose cbac but it's not fair on him to be out of action as well as.bringing a new baby home. If it happens it happens but if we can bring him in to consideration then we should. Midwife says my ambivalence will work in my favour!

Ef, I remembered very early on being a bit surprised that I could squeeze out some milk. It stopped soon after and hasn't come back. Sorry you're already counting down!

mamapup

Postby SharkiesMum » 24 Jan 2014, 19:31

MP, I think being relaxed about it is a positive thing! Can I ask why you had the c section last time? Don't worry if you don't want to mention it. I think for me if it was something like because the puppy was breach and this baby isn't then I would feel more confident about vbac. For me, getting home to DS was my main incentive for vbac too. Hope you make a decision you are happy with after the scan. Remember you can always change your mind.

Just had my 21 week scan. All fine, and was lovely to see the baby properly, last scan was so stressful! Baby has the same lovely big lips as DH and DS. And the same as DS at this scan, all measurements are right on 50th percentile except for long long legs! We didn't find out the sex but after the scan I'm sure it's a boy, and DS is sure it's a girl!

While we were waiting (they were running 1.5 hrs late!) I went and found the c section midwife as she was supposed to have called me. So we got the section booked for Friday 23rd of may. Have to go in the T/W/T before for steroid injections to help baby's lungs since I'll be 38+1 on that date (by their dates). Nice to have a date now. Mum and dad arrive from NZ on the 25th so
I'm hoping I'll be home from hospital by then! Pleased it's all sorted.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 24 Jan 2014, 21:11

EF I have colostrum already and have had for several weeks. I'm 21 weeks now. I know it came early with G as well but not as early as this I don't think, mind everything is happening quicker with this one lol.

I had really itchy boobs with G but not this time round. I wonder if they've just toughened up with 10 months of bf.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 24 Jan 2014, 21:47

Sm, glad all was well at scan. Why are you sure it's a boy? Did you see a willy?

The puppy was a footling breech so I had no choice but c section. They tReid to turn him but it didn't work and hurt like hell. That's why I feel I should go vbac, there is.no reason not to. Sort of.hoping this kid is breech too so I cam have a nice planned, calm c section without feeling guilty!. Pretty sure she's not though.

mamapup

Postby EnigmaFish » 25 Jan 2014, 00:19

I don't know, colostrum seems unlikely at fourteen weeks. It's probably just one of those things that I didn't notice last time pq I had no reference for it.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby SharkiesMum » 26 Jan 2014, 18:12

No reason to think boy MP, just a strong feeling! I've got a 50% chance of being right though :wink:

Sounds like the circumstances around the puppy's birth were very specific to him, hopefully if you choose vbac it'll be nice and simple and straightforward and you can get straight home to being a family of 4!

I certainly don't have colostrum, I'm beginning to think that despite DS feeding all.the.time that there isn't even any milk there. I can't hand express even a drop, never get any leak at all and also don't hear DS swallowing anymore. Oh well, he still wants to feed and the milk will come back soon enough!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby mamapup » 26 Jan 2014, 18:46

Hah, S'sM, Mr.C always says that about being 50% right, however, I was right with both of my pregnancies (unless this girl has developed a willy in the last few months). But, of course, I only really go with science and reason. That said, I have a feeling she'll be an early baby even though I assume a second child that follows a c-section doesn't come any earlier.

I suspect there's no reason a vbac wouldn't be straightforward, I just concerned that it'll be like a 'normal' first time birth and therefore long and slow and painful rather than these brilliant second births I keep hearing about where the baby just slips out.

I noticed yesterday that I can squeeze out a clear liquid so I guess that's the beginning of colostrum here for me.

mamapup

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy