Pregnancy updates - January

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - January

Postby mamapup » 15 Jan 2014, 22:26

Me too! I'd assumed I'd.have girls but my boy is so incredibly perfect and wonderful I'm q bit nervous about us having a.girl now!

I realised today I have no linea.negra.this time. And also beginning to wonder if the weird.low down feelings.I get aren't actually newbie moving v.low but Braxton hicks. They are much more.uncomfortable than regular movement. If.they are.then it turns out my dad has explained a.Braxton hicks contraction to me. Awesome!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby mamapup » 15 Jan 2014, 22:32

And biddy, I'm sorry things are so hard right now. I meant to reply earlier but have been away. I really hope you manage to work out what you want to do a d.don't feel obliged to go one way or another. We will all be here no matter what.x
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby SharkiesMum » 16 Jan 2014, 12:58

I'm at work on my phone so just quick update, but wanted to tell someone! Just been booked in for my csection. I went in wanting a vbac but obstetrician was awesome and clear and really listened and I feel very happy and confident that csection is the right choice! Phew - needn't have spent the whole night worrying when it was very clear cut.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby FestiveTidings » 16 Jan 2014, 13:37

Good for you SharkiesMum! At least you have a decision. I am still completely undecided - there are no specific medical reasons for a section, but given my previous birth history, if I ask for one they would oblige.

Thought having wrote that, I will probably opt for vbac! (at the minute anyway. Ask me again after lunch!).
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby mamapup » 16 Jan 2014, 14:47

Good for you, SM.

FT, I'm with you totally. No idea what is better but leaning to vbac so I can get home to my puppy quicker.

My friend had a baby this morning. I am jealous. I do not want to be at work. I want to be at home with my puppy and be having my newbie asap. I'm done now, which is a shame as.I'm only 32 weeks.

mamapup

Postby qbm » 16 Jan 2014, 16:14

Perhaps now isn't the time to post saying I am home with a cup of tea and have a half day left until I stop... :D :D :D

Hope it passes quickly for you MP! x
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby FestiveTidings » 16 Jan 2014, 18:13

3 weeks to go until maternity leave starts for me!

It feels like an eternity :(
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Spanner » 16 Jan 2014, 18:42

4 weeks here which will probably feature observation and performance management...
DS March 2007
DD1 June 2009
DD2 Feb 2014
Spanner

Postby mamapup » 16 Jan 2014, 18:48

Grr, QBM. Although I technically have eight working days left so it's not all bad. Problem is that last time I stopped two weeks before my due date but two weeks before that couldn't have cared less about work. So this time I'm stopping four weeks before I'm due and lo and behold, two weeks before that, I couldn't care less. Ah well.

QBM, enjoy your last half day. FT, SC and I will just have to plough on for a few more weeks. Sigh.

mamapup

Postby SharkiesMum » 16 Jan 2014, 19:09

You are all making me jealous! I have 12 weeks left...but 3 of those ill be on holiday at home in the sun in NZ...so don't feel too sorry for me!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Biddy » 16 Jan 2014, 19:12

Aww I don't envy you all having to work and waiting for maternity leave to start. I've thankfully never had to be in that situation. I hope it passes by quickly for you all.

Thanks for everybody's kind support, you're so awesome! It is a hard situation, it almost feels as if it's been taken out of my hands, like I'm sort of blindly being carried along with everything and I've no idea where the wave is taking me. But maybe it's good that I'm not thinking about it much at the moment. I feel like I really need a break from stress and anxiety, and with DH in France I have some space to breathe and just enjoy some time with my lovely babies, not thinking about marital problems and single parenthood and other stressful things. I'll have to think about it all again at some point, but right now I'm grateful for a break. Especially as I'm starting to feel really tired a lot of the time and the queasiness is getting a bit stronger. At least it's not constant sickness like it was with A, so I can enjoy some of my day and manage to eat things.

AKC, yay for a straightforward scan and YAY for another girl! I REEEEEEEALLY want another girl, I'd absolutely love it. But we'll have to see. I have a feeling it might be a boy this time around. Of course I'll be very happy with a boy, but I know where I am with girls and my existing two are so lush I want another one like them! And if it's another girl the inlaws will be less interested which suits me just fine :wink:
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Biddy » 20 Jan 2014, 11:35

Everything makes me want to puke. My whole house seems to be full of nausea-inducing smells. Everything I move, when I sit down, when I stand up. Cooking is horrible. I can't bear to go near my kitchen. I'm hungry but I'm turned off by every type of food. And I can't even puke. I just feel horribly nauseous and I can't throw up. At least if I could throw up there might be some relief for a minute or two.

Miserable :(
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Kitcameron » 20 Jan 2014, 17:38

Oh Biddy, Im sorry to hear you're feeling so rough. I had it first trimester to start with too but I don't think I was that bad for very long so finger so crossed it leaves you pretty quickly too. Are the kids school age now, they look like they probably are from your signature, hope you've managed to have a fairly restful day. ((()))
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby cloudcuckoo » 20 Jan 2014, 18:19

Has anyone seen Meerkatsmum? I haven't missed an announcement, have I? I am sure she is due before me...
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Postby mamapup » 20 Jan 2014, 18:48

Biddy, have you tried sucking on limes? It was the ONLY thing that worked for me this time around.

mamapup

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy