Re: Pregnancy updates - January

Postby Singale » 12 Jan 2014, 23:25

Woop woop! Good luck TC!
Tigerle's mum since Sept 2010
And now Pferdle's as well since July 2014
Singale

Postby cloudcuckoo » 13 Jan 2014, 07:33

Fingers crossed that you've had a good night's sleep, Toasty, and can get things going today. Can you fit in a walk or some birth ball bouncing? Or make a hair appointment for tomorrow?
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Postby Toasty Crumpet » 13 Jan 2014, 09:18

Still here, still pregnant. A few more tightenings overnight but not painful enough to actually make me get out of bed. Have sent DH to work and Crumpet to nursery. Going to go for a walk now and then might bounce on the ball to watch episode 2 of the Bridge so can catch up with DH. Last time round my waters broke first and then all happened quickly once contractions started a couple of hours later. Guess I should enjoy my last day or so without a newborn!
Lovely Crumpet born June 2011 and little Chompy born January 2014.
Toasty Crumpet

Postby Kitcameron » 13 Jan 2014, 09:18

How's it going TC?

Hope things are moving for you ((()))
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Biddy » 14 Jan 2014, 10:35

Hope things are moving along for you now TC!

Singale, an anterior placenta doesn't necessarily mean the baby will be positioned awkwardly, but it can increase the chances, because the baby is a bit more likely to be facing the placenta which would place them in a back to back position. So then they have to turn before birth and often that can mean extra contractions which will force them to turn. But obviously it doesn't always happen, just a bit more likely that's all. At least, that's what I read on the spinning babies website. But as I understand it the placenta moves around throughout the pregnancy so it's by the by! Glad to hear all was well with the scan anyway.

I'm still feeling a big mixture of emotions with this pg. On the one hand I'm accepting it's happening and I'm trying to be practical about it, look after myself etc. But on the other hand I'm still completely freaked out by the situation. I've tried writing on FC but I keep deleting the posts. I don't think I really feel comfortable talking about my situation. But this about sums it up: DH and I decided to divorce, DH changes mind, I still want divorce, I get pregnant, DH starts being all nice and good even though he doesn't know I'm pg, hormones take over, now I'm stuck in a big dilemma. That's about it without any details. He's in France now for a few weeks so at least I have some space without the pressure of having to tell him or him finding out. Of course he'll find out probably when he gets home, it's just nice to not have to face that yet.

*sigh* getting pregnant should be a happy and celebratory thing. I want to feel excited and happy. Pregnancy and having babies for me has always been something stressful and unpleasant, although of course I love my babies and they bring me lots of happiness. But the situation of having them is always so difficult and unhappy. It makes me feel very sad.

I think that's enough melancholy for now! The kids are being telepathic at the moment, with S saying she thinks I should have another baby and she wants a brother, then yesterday they were both playing a game where they stuffed teddies up their tops and pretended they were having babies. I haven't told them anything about my pg! :D
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby FestiveTidings » 14 Jan 2014, 11:31

Biddy, I have no words of advice really - what a dilemma! Just lots and lots of hugs. xx
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby qbm » 14 Jan 2014, 11:38

FestiveTidings wrote:Biddy, I have no words of advice really - what a dilemma! Just lots and lots of hugs. xx

Oh Biddy. What FT said. Lots of hugs from me too xxx
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby SharkiesMum » 14 Jan 2014, 16:35

Lots of hugs for you here too Biddy. We are here when you need us. Hope you can take the weeks while DH is away to think things through.
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Toasty Crumpet » 14 Jan 2014, 16:47

Biddy, I'm so sorry you are in such a difficult situation. I hope you find a good resolution and can get some support.

Still pregnant here...but it's a full moon tomorrow....
Lovely Crumpet born June 2011 and little Chompy born January 2014.
Toasty Crumpet

Postby cloudcuckoo » 14 Jan 2014, 18:22

Oh Biddy, I'm so sorry. That sounds awfully hard. Have you considered the alternatives fully, or are you happy to carry on with the pregnancy? I wonder if some counselling might be helpful to you - Marie Stopes and others offer very good, impartial counselling to help think everything through.

That moon is looking big and round, Toasty. It's not allowed to have an effect here because I still have much nesting to do and have just emptied all my k-room cupboards onto the floor, but I hope it works for you!
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Postby Kitcameron » 14 Jan 2014, 19:05

(((Biddy))) nothing more I can say really. We're here though if you want to 'talk'

Had my 20 week scan today and all us well with the baby, yey. 'Twas very well behaved, unlike older sister at her 20 week scan, and sonographer got all the pictures really easily.

It's a ........... Girl!!!

( think I am secretly pleased about this, I can only picture myself with girls. Would have loved a boy obviously but I just can't picture it in my head, does that make sense?)
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Spanner » 14 Jan 2014, 19:58

(((Biddy))) that sounds like a tough situation.

Exciting news TC! I kind of wish I knew what we are having!
DS March 2007
DD1 June 2009
DD2 Feb 2014
Spanner

Postby Spanner » 15 Jan 2014, 13:12

Hmph. Breech at 34 weeks it would seem... It could turn but as ds was breech it makes me think it won't! Which would at least remove the vba2c dilemma. I am going to lazy daisy antenatal classes, but would much rather lounge on the sofa than be on all 4s the rest of the time!
DS March 2007
DD1 June 2009
DD2 Feb 2014
Spanner

Postby cloudcuckoo » 15 Jan 2014, 16:15

Oh dear, Spanner. Would it help to know that I was told baby was breech at 34 weeks, and has no quite definitely turned as the bump dropped?

Most perfunctory MW appointment yet today, but what's left to say at 38 weeks? Had a lovely catch up with a friend whose due the same time as me and is equally 'meh' about the whole 3rd kid thing. We'll get through it together, I reckon.
cloudcuckoo

Postby qbm » 15 Jan 2014, 19:23

cloudcuckoo wrote:Oh dear, Spanner. Would it help to know that I was told baby was breech at 34 weeks, and has no quite definitely turned as the bump dropped?.

This! Both times. Although my mw appointment on Tues confirmed that baby is right down in the pelvis but a bit sideways with limbs out my left side and back along my right...

And AKC, I totally get what you mean. If I'd be given a choice first time round I'd have probably said I wanted a boy but now, having spent 2.5 amazing years with my lovely, funny, sweet E I can only see myself with girls.... Though I'd be over the moon with a boy of course! I'm sure if E had been a boy I'd be saying the same about only seeing myself with boys!

I'm rambling. A lot. Hope I made some sense there!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy