Pregnancy updates - January

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy updates - January

Postby FestiveTidings » 08 Jan 2014, 18:04

Congrats Biddy!

Medical peeps work out from date of last period if you know it. Which is pretty crap if you have a long cycle like me. The NHS website lets you work out a due date from either last period or conception which was good.

I've overdone it again. My hips and legs are so achy but I have this pregnancy need to have everything just so, and organised. This doesn't (and never will) apply to toys but everything else in the house has to be put away properly. Dreading next week when I'm back to work as all my good work will just go to pot. :(
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby Toasty Crumpet » 08 Jan 2014, 18:07

Biddy, the nhs website has a calculator. You can calculate from day of ovulation or last period date.

Fed up here and hoping no 2 makes an appearance soon. Due date is Friday. Please don't be late!

Xposted with ft.
Lovely Crumpet born June 2011 and little Chompy born January 2014.
Toasty Crumpet

Postby cloudcuckoo » 08 Jan 2014, 18:19

Congratulations, Biddy! Sounds like you've got your head around things a bit more? Have you told your DH?
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Postby mamapup » 08 Jan 2014, 19:07

Hi Biddy, nice to see you here.
40 weeks from last period is the measurement.

Thought you were moving? Have you, or are you still in Wales?

MKM, sorry you had to do the sorting when feeling tired.

I have officially told work that 6th Feb will be my last day at work. What with working a three day week and having three days booked off for various things, I now have 10 days left at work. Yippeeeeeee. I already feel myself stopping caring. When I have loads to do I'm fine and working hard hard hard but when there's a lull I just don't want to be there.

And ahem, I may have nipped out for a sneaky big mac at lunch. Not proud of myself. Veg for supper tonight.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby meerkatsmum » 08 Jan 2014, 23:36

Congratulations Biddy!

Yay for finishing work MP. That seemed to come up quickly (for me, I doubt it did for you!) I feel like it wasn't that long ago that you were talking about going back from maternity leave pregnant.

Well I had mild period like cramping all day Tuesday. Exactly the way I did with M. Active labour started with her that night and she was born the next morning. It's now Thursday and nothing...not even any pains yesterday. Sigh. I'm so disheartened. It's still a week till my due date but still, I felt ready on Tuesday.
DD - Meerkat (October 2011)
DD - Wombat (January 2014)
meerkatsmum

Postby mamapup » 09 Jan 2014, 06:29

Mkm, it's come up super quick for me too! Not sure where the time has gone.
Hope.things move quickly for you, can imagine feeling ready and then getting nowhere must be tedious.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby cloudcuckoo » 09 Jan 2014, 08:01

MKM, you know that next Wednesday/ Thursday is full moon, don't you? And I feel (physically) ready to go to, with over a fortnight left. I fully intend being ready by full moon though, just in case.
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Postby Kitcameron » 09 Jan 2014, 08:58

Ooh good luck CC and MKM, we are waiting with baited breath for the good news.

This spd malarkey is getting painful. Took G to buy some new shoes yesterday and pushed her in the buggy round town but we weren't out long, don't know if it was that or driving two half hour trips to a friends and back which has made it worse but eee by gum I couldn't half feel it last night. Had my support band on the past few days but it just seems to keep riding up and it's pushing my trousers down. Still painful but taken some painkillers so hopefully feel a bit better soon. Should really take G to the library as her books are overdue and she wants to get out the house but not sure I can cope with chasing her round today. Food shopping will have to be done via click and collect too as certainly don't think pushing a trolley would be a good idea.

How are you feeling now SM? Is the nausea any better?
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby SharkiesMum » 09 Jan 2014, 13:03

SPD sounds rubbish KC! Thanks for thinking of me! Nausea is much the same ... but DS slept from 9pm until 2am which I think is possibly his longest stretch of sleep ever last night. I think my nausea is the same but feeling refreshed and like I had some sleep helps me cope with it better I think! So it seems a bit better. Does that even make sense?

In desperate need of a holiday (8th of feb!) but otherwise well!

Hope the full moon brings the desired effect MKM and CC! Thinking of you both and waiting to hear the good news!!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 09 Jan 2014, 16:53

Glad you hear you've hard a bit for rest at any rage sm. I felt a lot better with dh around over Christmas, pity he's gone back to work again now lol. Still, I'm not as bad nausea wise as I was so that's good, just getting tired quicker again which isn't surprising really. Spd feels better today, had and easy day really. Took G to a group this afternoon, she's really a bit old for it as it's bumps to babies not toddlers but it's. Lovely little room and i can sit down and watch her run round and play whilst I have a sit down with a cuppa and cake. It's big enough for her not to get bored though or squash all the little babies lol. Think I'm going to start taking her to toddler haven on a Friday but that does require more chasing as in a bigger room and more things like Duplo etc which need to stay with the right sets of toys and she will probably move lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Singale » 10 Jan 2014, 20:18

Had a private 12 wks scan today, which puts little dot at exactly 12 weeks today. :D
We watched the baby moving a lot & Tigerle's eyes got really big when the sound of the heartbeat was routed through the loudspeaker... Now she insist all three of us have a baby each in our tummies, even DH. And the babies all goes bopbop bopbop... Oh dear. :)
Placenta's attached towards the back this time around, maybe that's why I start to feel little movements, like when I sit the "wrong way " during a meeting at the office today that made the button of my trousers dig in to my lower abdomen a little.
If the movements today are an indication of how she/ he will be later on, this little one's going to be quite different than Tigerle and not be able to be still at all! Eep!
Tigerle's mum since Sept 2010
And now Pferdle's as well since July 2014
Singale

Postby Biddy » 12 Jan 2014, 11:47

Yay for the lovely scan! Good thing the placenta is that way around, provided it stays in that position it should mean baby will be more likely positioned well for birth. So far I've had anterior placentas and both babies have had to swivel around to the correct position before birth, which meant more nasty contractions.

I hope things get moving for you MKM and CC...

I used the NHS calculator as you recommended and it looks like I'm about 5 weeks. The nausea is creeping in now, especially morning and evening. I've totally gone off sweet things, and cinnamon of course which is my usual pregnancy hate food. The smell of peanut butter makes me want to hurl. It will be interesting to see how it compares to previously. With DD1 it was a similar scenario, nausea creeping in gradually and then it got a bit worse but was only morning and late afternoon so I had some breaks from it, and it lasted until the end of month 4. With DD2 I felt sick immediately, probably week 3 and it was strong, all day and all night (although I think I only physically threw up once or twice) and then it ended very quickly at about the end of month 2. Ugh I don't know which was worse, can I have very mild and short nausea this time please?!
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Y - Sept 2014
Biddy

Postby Singale » 12 Jan 2014, 12:19

Oh? I didn't know that the placement of placenta would have an effect to the baby birth positioning & strength of contraction? Iirc Tigerle's positioned well by week 37-ish & her birth was very easy & straight forward despite the placenta being at my tummy. The main effect of the placenta placement for us was that it masked her movements & we didn't realise what an active & strong baby she was until she came out being all strong & muscular! :D :D :D .

About being nauseous, would it help if you grab a small bite of something as soon as you wake up, then again in the afternoon as soon as you start to feel nauseous, to stave it off? That helps me with it, at least.

And about being off sweet things, I have that too this time around. Somehow sugar & food additives leave a very unpleasant after taste on my tongue & wheat/ gluten gave me tummy ache/ gas. But through experimenting I found out that honey & non- wheat carbs don't have that effect. So for several weeks I avoided things with sugar in them & ate lots & lots of fruit & avoided most of processed foods & pasta. And had stashes of different kinds of nuts everywhere. :p

Good luck, biddy! Hopefully it'll be easy this time around. How are you doing, MKM & CC? And {{{ KC & SM}}}
Tigerle's mum since Sept 2010
And now Pferdle's as well since July 2014
Singale

Postby Toasty Crumpet » 12 Jan 2014, 21:16

Had a sweep this morning and was 3cm dilated. Has tightenings too but have all stopped now. A bit disappointing. Hopefully everything gets moving again soon.
Lovely Crumpet born June 2011 and little Chompy born January 2014.
Toasty Crumpet

Postby mamapup » 12 Jan 2014, 21:20

Oooh, well here's hoping things move a.bit tonight. Will be thinking of you.

mamapup

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy