Cold relief

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Cold relief

Postby Kitcameron » 03 Dec 2013, 15:46

What can I take???

I feel really bunged up and snotty, headachey, shivery, sick, watery eyes.

I've taken some paracetamol for the headache and tried steaming my head but that didn't seem to do much good. I know last time I was preggers I used menthol crystals in hot water to steam my head but they only worked whilst my head was over the steam, I just filled up again once I left the steam.

Surprisingly I feel much better when lying down rather than sitting up. Usually it's the other way round isn't it?
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Re: Cold relief

Postby catie_lou » 03 Dec 2013, 18:01

not a lot really, I found hot honey & lemon helped me feel better, taken with paracetamol. Hugs and hope you feel better soon
catie_lou

Postby mamapup » 03 Dec 2013, 18:04

Had a cold for weeks and didn't find anything, I'm afraid. I liked the head steaming and did have the odd shot of whiskey but nothing else worked. Hope you feel better soon.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 03 Dec 2013, 20:35

Cheers, unfortunately I am neither a fan of honey or whiskey. Mil tried to make me hot toddie when I was I'll with Little G and it just made me wretch.

Hot Ribena it is then.
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 03 Dec 2013, 22:26

Me neither.both honey and whiskey are gross but so is snot!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 04 Dec 2013, 09:16

True.

Can't drink anything very quickly ATM as drinking is still making me feel sick so by the time I'm half way through the hot Ribena it's cold Ribena. Not sure it's really doing any good.

Does anyone know any good aromatherapy oils or something I can add to hot water to steam my head? Dont know what I can and can't use whilst pregnant. I shall google and then check with mil who is trained in these things.
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 04 Dec 2013, 09:17

Be careful with aromatherapy stuff during pregnancy. Much is banned, although I'm sure it's mainly because they haven't tested rather than it's actually dangerous. Hand G over and go to bed. x

mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 04 Dec 2013, 09:21

Wish I could, I have no one to hand her to ATM. I feel bad phoning my parents and asking them to drive down as it's over an hour for them and I've already done it several times recently. Don't have anyone nearby though I don't think.
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 04 Dec 2013, 21:10

Tv!!! The puppy had no idea about tv before I got pregnant and ill. Now.it's a rare day when he doesn't get some tv time. I'm sad but you.know what? He's learned the alphabet from watching iPad apps so every cloud and all that!

mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 05 Dec 2013, 08:25

We have mike the knight on ATM but she's not really watching. She's reading Carpe Diem by Terry pratchet lol. She's quite good at pootling round the living room and entertaining herself. We're going to try a shopping trip to Asda in a bit to relieve the cabin fever so I'm hoping I won't be completely worn out by it afterwards. Haven't been out in two days.
Kitcameron

Return to Pregnancy