Pregnancy Updates - December

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - December

Postby Toasty Crumpet » 24 Dec 2013, 08:09

Mamapupmas wrote:Just been to physio because my bum keeps.aching or.feeling like it has trapped nerves. Got a.load of exercises that I shall try to do although I k ow myself well enough to not.hold out too much hope. Sigh.

AkC, hope your spd isn't too bad.
How is everyone else doing?

Can you go swimming? Freestyle only though, no breaststroke frog legs. I found this helped me with similar pain. And avoid doing too much. In my case driving to bluewater exacerbated the pinched nerve feeling and I could barely get up from sitting. Walking helped a bit too. Seemed to loosen things.

This baby is definitely more wriggly than crumpet ever was. The first does make space though and your tummy muscles may not be as strong this time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this baby is calm since everyone else's second babies seem calm...

I'm 37 weeks now. Have decided the 7th would be a good date for this baby to be born. Definitely hoping its not late!
Lovely Crumpet born June 2011 and little Chompy born January 2014.
Toasty Crumpet

Postby mamapup » 24 Dec 2013, 08:19

TC, why the 7th?

I don't fit into my real swimming costume any more and am loathe to buy a maternity one. Swimming was my most serious sport as a kid, a teenager and in my 20s. It makes me sad when I can't/don't swim but I don't know when I would find time, tbh. Walking seems to be my problem. The exercises the physio gave me felt great last night, just off to do some more now. She is pretty certain that these will stop it getting any worse.

Good point re. tummy muscles although I'd have thought mine would be good because I did a lot of exercise post puppy to get back to normal and did so pretty quickly.

Re. calm second babies, hmmmm, have you met Kate????
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 24 Dec 2013, 10:30

My friend reckons if you want more than one kid have 3 but put the second up for adoption as she says all the second kids she knows have been much harder work than the first but thirds are ok.

Not trying to scare anyone lol. Really hope Popcorn is the exception to the rule lol.

Spd not so bad today thanks mp, unfortunately, or fortunately maybe, the only times it's been bed so far is after sex. Grrrr.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby SharkiesMum » 24 Dec 2013, 20:35

MP I feel the same about swimming, with DS I was so huge on my small frame that the only relief I got was getting in the pool every day. Can't see how I can possibly do it with DS around (not in a deep pool anyway!). Hope that some of the exercises help you.

I have been feeling so sick today. I feel sick every day but today's the worst day for a few weeks. I'm absolutely shattered. Working full time, looking after unwell DH and doing all the housework for the last 4 months and looking after DS all evening and night time is too much. Lucky it's Christmas tomorrow or I don't think I could get out of bed.

Hoping that the break will do me some good. Merry Christmas everyone, been thinking how different next Christmas will be with two kids!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Spanner » 25 Dec 2013, 00:10

My second was easier than the first so there is hope! Age 4 she is a little more high maintenence but nothing major.
DS March 2007
DD1 June 2009
DD2 Feb 2014
Spanner

Postby mamapup » 25 Dec 2013, 18:42

Xmas at my parents' everyone made sure I did very little. Xmas with mr.c's parents, no one even notices I'm over six months pregnant. Sigh. I know it's my problem and I could not help but I'm not good at sitting when others are working even if I know I should be. Totally my problem but still...
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 25 Dec 2013, 21:55

MP - Hide in the loo with your phone! An excellent way to kill a bit of time when everyone's clearing the plates!!!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Kitcameron » 30 Dec 2013, 12:53

We had that too MP, at my families house my brother or parents chased Little G everywhere and generally kept her amused whilst poorly DH and pg me just crashed out. At his mums she sat there with her iPad, and let us chase her round an infinitely more difficult house. At least at my parents we can close doors to keep her contained within one room which is fairly toddler safe but her doors don't fit the frames properly and don't shut so G can get all over ground floor and to the stairs and she has very steep stairs and thousands of small things that G likes to pick up and play with/ put in her mouth. Boxing Day was so stressful in comparison with the rest of the week.

In some ways Popcorn will save us a bit from some of this but it's gonna be a hard conversation to have telling her how difficult it would be to stop over at hers with two small children when she hasn't enough room for two travel cots. My parents have a bedroom for G so she'll sleep in her room in her own bed and Popcorn will sleep with us to start with then in travel cot in Gs room probably. This will be seen as us favouring my parents though and will not go down well. I haven't even mentioned it to dh yet though, it's too far off to be worrying about yet lol.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby FestiveTidings » 30 Dec 2013, 18:52

28wk scan today. All is normal and baby is measuring average. He's approximately 2lb 8oz at the moment and spent the scan kicking at the scanning wand.

and yes, it's a boy :D
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby SharkiesMum » 30 Dec 2013, 19:42

That's lovely FT! Glad scan went well too!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby mamapup » 30 Dec 2013, 21:22

Glad all.went well. And yay for.a boy.. But what's this.28 week.scan business? Can tell you're north or the border!

mamapup

Postby meerkatsmum » 31 Dec 2013, 03:23

Yay for a healthy baby boy!

I'm sick of being pregnant. I'm uncomfortable. I'm exhausted. DH is exhausted from doing everything so I can rest. What is it that they say about when you can't stand it anymore, it's nearly over? Or is that just labour? Except that I don't feel ready for birth or for two children. Sorry for the whinge.
DD - Meerkat (October 2011)
DD - Wombat (January 2014)
meerkatsmum

Postby FestiveTidings » 31 Dec 2013, 07:49

Mkm, moan away. I'm sure I will be on here in a couple of months doing exactly the same thing!

MP, I get a 28 week growth scan because my weight is outwith what is considered the normal range so I could end up producing a bigger baby.

I get another at 34 or 36 weeks.

I had some time before my scan to read through my notes and I kind of wish I hadn't as I'm not convinced that VBAC is the safest method of delivery for me or my baby. One to discuss with the midwife I guess!
FestiveTidings

Postby mamapup » 31 Dec 2013, 13:59

Lucky you, FT, I love the extra scans! Sorry you're worried about vbac choice though, are they pushing you towards it? I also have an extra at 36 weeks. I'm mainly using it for confirmation of sex although it's clearly to check for another breach!

MKM, moan away. We care and we all understand!

I just had my whooping cough jab, bloody hurt but had the puppy on my lap so had to pretend it didn't. Dunno if it was the horrid nurse not taking care or if this really is a nasty jab. 45 mins swing pushing straight after wasn't my best plan.

Yay for 2014 babies!!

mamapup

Postby FestiveTidings » 01 Jan 2014, 14:37

Thanks for the whooping cough advice. I won't be scheduling any activity that day!

In my region VBAC is certainly advocated but it's not being pushed. I just had to see what was the best option for me as neither is without risk, especially after a previous section. I spoke to the consultant that is in charge of the clinic for overweight mums (she is one of the leading experts in the UK regarding the care of overweight pregnant ladies) and she has given me the facts relating to my situation and not just the general facts the previous consultant spouted out. She has told me i have enough reasons in my bag to warrant an elective section should I want one, but she has also told me that there is absolutely no reason why I can't VBAC. Yes, there is a 10% chance it will end in an another EMCS, but there is a 90% chance it won't.

For me the main risk for a section is afterwards - the recovery, risk if infection, scar tissue, adhesions etc increases with each section you have.
FestiveTidings

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy