Pregnancy Updates - December

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Re: Pregnancy Updates - December

Postby EnigmaFish » 18 Dec 2013, 23:45

You're so lucky, KC! I can't wait to feel movement!

I think there's something wrong with my scales. For three weeks now, it's said I weigh exactly 60.0kg, but my jeans are definitely getting tighter.

I don't want to look at any other scales now.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby DandelionFrosting » 19 Dec 2013, 05:25

Sorry, CC, no useful advice here either. scrubbing the floor is supposed to help, though, and if it doesn't fix the baby at least you'll have a nice clean floor. The midwife at my clinic also said to make sure you keep your feet and legs warm -- something about warming up your uterus from the bottom so the baby will be attracted to the warmth. I'm not really a good person to guarantee effectiveness, though, although I wasn't exactly faithful about doing all that stuff, either. I hope your baby is more cooperative than mine!
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Postby Lioncub's mama » 19 Dec 2013, 06:25

Nice to have a positive update from you KC - its lovely when u start feeling movement!

I'm still here! Seems that all the braxton hicks i had on tuesday night were a false alarm as i've had pretty much nothing since - could be looking at a christmas baby after all! Please keep sending eviction vibes this way!
Lioncub (P) - August 2011
Baby brother (E) - December 2013
Lioncub's mama

Postby Kitcameron » 19 Dec 2013, 08:14

Ooh come on baby lioncub, we're all desperate to hear of your arrival.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Kanga » 19 Dec 2013, 11:45

EnigmaFish wrote:You're so lucky, KC! I can't wait to feel movement!

I think there's something wrong with my scales. For three weeks now, it's said I weigh exactly 60.0kg, but my jeans are definitely getting tighter.

I don't want to look at any other scales now.

When I was expecting ds I appeared not to put weight on on the scales for weeks and weeks! My bump was growing but I lost weight round my face etc so I think my weight just kept at a constant for a while!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby jvnt » 19 Dec 2013, 11:54

Lioncub's mama wrote:Nice to have a positive update from you KC - its lovely when u start feeling movement!

I'm still here! Seems that all the braxton hicks i had on tuesday night were a false alarm as i've had pretty much nothing since - could be looking at a christmas baby after all! Please keep sending eviction vibes this way!

Anecdotally, I have quite a few friends who reckon a big glass of wine is the way to go. Sort of makes sense in terms of a mother being in the right frame of mind to give birth when they are relaxed and contented. I know it's easy to get steadily more tense as the due date approaches and passes which I'm sure doesn't help!

Good luck.
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby Splash » 19 Dec 2013, 22:11

LCM - sending lots of eviction vibes your way......
Hopefully they will reach you and help evict your squashy little bundle of cuddles before Christmas!
Mum to R (July 2010), A (Dec 2013).
Splash

Postby Lioncub's mama » 22 Dec 2013, 10:56

I feel like i'm hogging this thread a bit at the moment :oops: but just popping in to say hi, and let you know that i'm still here :D ! I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that my womb is obviously far too comfy and that this baby is in no rush to come out... so well be a post not pre- christmas baby. I'm just hoping that i can avoid induction as i'm 41+3 now officially (though i think i'm actually a bit less) :?

Hope that everyone else is doing well, and looking forward to christmas!
Lioncub (P) - August 2011
Baby brother (E) - December 2013
Lioncub's mama

Postby SharkiesMum » 22 Dec 2013, 16:44

Glad you sound more relaxed anyway LCM! Fingers crossed for no induction for you.

I saw the midwife on Thursday...what a waste of time! Listened to the baby's heartbeat for 5 seconds, asked 2 questions and that was it, they'll see me end of march. Well worth a 60 mile round trip from work for that! At least I don't have to go back for a while.

I'm nearly 17 weeks and still being sick. Not nearly as much but still feel sick 24 hrs a day, just wish I could have a break from it. Hyperemesis was better this time than with DS...but with DS I felt mostly better by 14 weeks...I was so sure I'd feel better by now. I can't take another 23 weeks of this!

How is everyone else feeling?
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby Kitcameron » 22 Dec 2013, 17:06

Awwww sm, hope you feel better soon. I thought midwife appt waste of time too, although at least we know babies are still ok.

I'm feeling better than I was, had a rough night last night as didn't go to bed on time but in general I'm ok, as long a I eat regularly and nap during the day.

Baby brain has cost me £15 though and a pain in the arse. I know it's not a lot of money but it's money I could have done with not wasting. Just realised I've ordered a load of photos I don't need and not the ones I actually do need. All Christmas presents of course so no chance of them being here in time for Christmas now.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby Rahgamuffin » 22 Dec 2013, 21:00

Bah! Was coming on here after a busy few days hoping to see a new lion cub :) come on, baby!

SM: I had similar with the HB midwife today - 10 secs on checks and a long list of what they want and need, and the only time she asked me/us what we wanted was whether vitamin K was injection or oral, and even then came with a 'we prefer to do injection' ARGH. Hope the sickness stops of you very soon (especially with Christmas food!).
Mum to B (05/08), J (02/11) & L (01/14)
Rahgamuffin

Postby SharkiesMum » 22 Dec 2013, 22:11

Thanks Rah. Midwife appointments this time round seem to be a bit of a tick box exercise! It's a shame yours was too. I always assume the HB midwives would be more interested? Probably giant assumption!

I have Christmas food planned that I hope I'll feel like eating! Mediterranean style salmon fillet, a maple glazed ham with nice breads, and a really fresh light vegetable and feta salad. Not a roast in sight as even the thought of the smell is too much for me! But hoping for a better day nausea-wise on Wednesday!
A - April 2012
T - May 2014
SharkiesMum

Postby mamapup » 23 Dec 2013, 22:45

Well that's it for 2013 babies then... Gulp.

I'm a bit scared. The puppy was super super calm in utero and is an utter whirlwind now. This.one is never still, we think she may put the puppy to shame and make.him look like a calm toddler. Gulp. I struggle to believe we will make a calm baby between us.

Just been to physio because my bum keeps.aching or.feeling like it has trapped nerves. Got a.load of exercises that I shall try to do although I k ow myself well enough to not.hold out too much hope. Sigh.

AkC, hope your spd isn't too bad.
How is everyone else doing?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby StJuniper » 23 Dec 2013, 22:47

MP, R was way more active than P in utero but he's super zen now. There is hope...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby mamapup » 23 Dec 2013, 22:49

StJuniperWreath wrote:MP, R was way more active than P in utero but he's super zen now. There is hope...

I shall hold you to that! Hope the ice storm has passed.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy