Pregnancy Updates - December

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy Updates - December

Postby DandelionFrosting » 02 Dec 2013, 12:46

Hi! How is everybody? I was so sure I wouldn't be here, but there it is, it's December and I'm still pregnant. :( Elaruu has been quiet. I wonder if she beat me?

The Bug has a foot wedged in next to its bottom now. There is definitely not enough room in my pelvis for that kind of thing. It's a bit excruciating. Plus, if the foot gets lower than the bottom, then out come the scalpels. Eeeek . . . . I've been having sort-of-hurty contractions all day, but at completely random intervals and they show no sign of getting closer together or anything. I think I'm doomed to be pregnant for the rest of my life. I'll just keep getting bigger and more immobile and more in pain and more covered in stretch marks forever and ever and ever, and DH and my mother will still both just sit there and let me change all of Saurus's diapers all by myself. Snarl. Grump. Sulk.

Sorry for snarling and grumping and sulking. I promise I'll be more cheerful and supportive and nice to people very soon! As soon as I get this organ-mashing machine out of my stomach and into a little fuzzy sleeper. And a hat with bear ears.
Saurus (April 2012) wants to open all the cupboards to see the pipes.
Zilla (December 2013) is unstoppable. And really likes pizza.
Turtle (November 2015) isn't cute yet, but he's working on it.
And Mia and Oreo are my emotional support cats.
DandelionFrosting

Re: Pregnancy Updates - December

Postby Lioncub's mama » 02 Dec 2013, 13:20

owww DF, that sounds painful! I hope the bug keeps his foot up now until he's ready to come out... and that he doesn't keep you waiting much longer. And grrrrr at DH and your mum not changing nappies - I would have a word about that!

I'm still here too, though was totally expecting to be. I've been feeling quite period painy the last couple of days though, with a bit of lower back ache so I wonder if baby is starting to think about coming out sometime before christmas. I've told him that he can't until after the end of this week (building works finishing and DP has a big work meeting on friday), but after that he is welcome to come as soon as he likes. It would be nice to have some space between his birthday and christmas, though I'm not banking on it.

How are all the other december baby bumps doing? And everyone else?
Lioncub (P) - August 2011
Baby brother (E) - December 2013
Lioncub's mama

Postby StJuniper » 02 Dec 2013, 13:43

DF, tell your DH and mother they are on diaper duty! I find a pointed "P needs a new diaper," to be the best method ;) no questions, just assume one of them will be doing it!

I've been getting very strong, stop-to-catch-my-breath BH all week. At night when they wake me and I'm half-asleep I'm sure they're labour, but during the day when I'm rational I know I'll probably go over like with P. If I don't go into spontaneous labour I'll schedule an induction at 41 weeks like with P; otherwise I'll be having the baby right in the middle of family Christmas celebrations. So, one way or another the tadpole will be outside before the weekend of the 21st.

Meanwhile, my mum is back from holidays tonight and DH is done is week of terror at work, so anytime the tadpole wants to arrive would be fine by me, except I'm worried I'm coming down with a cold. Charming timing...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby qbm » 02 Dec 2013, 14:50

Oooooooh December is going to be a busy month! :)

Think I missed last month's thread due to internet-avoidance tactics...

I'm doing pretty well apart from the tired thing and the insomnia thing and the slight SPD thing! My work have changed my role slightly (to accommodate another teacher coming back from Mat Leave) so my hideous Thursday is now pretty darn good. Saying that I haven't actually taken the role on yet as they seem to be using me as very last minute supply which isn't exactly stressfree. Ah well. 3 (half) weeks til the holidays then another 2 and that's me.

Trying to get my head around what to do with E when the time comes. We need all sorts of back up plans in case it's rush hour, in case she's at nursery, in case it's snowing... I just keep telling myself it'll all be fine in the end :?

Not sure how my eviction vibes are but I will send them all your way! x
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Splash » 02 Dec 2013, 14:57

It's funny reading these posts with all of us desperate to get these babies out before Christmas. It's really not the best time for a birthday. I hate having mine in December.

I've also been having BH but just quite random. I usually go ages without anything then mostly in evening I will get 3 or 4 over a few hours. I only say to DH as I don't want the rest of the family being on edge for the next few weeks.

My friends arranged a surprise baby shower for me at the weekend. It was lovely and my goodness, they didn't half go daft on pink. I didn't have much for baby but I'm certainly kitted out now. It was so thoughtful of them.
Mum to R (July 2010), A (Dec 2013).
Splash

Postby Binkie » 02 Dec 2013, 16:27

After weeks of feeling rubbish I have felt good for the last few days, I think my body has got confused and switched the 2nd trimester glow to the third :D

Just realised that I only have 7 weeks left at the most which is an unnerving yet exciting thought! I need to clamp down even more on my diet as the last growth scan showed he was larger than he should be :( I know it is due to the diabetes but it is frustrating none the less.

ALmost finished the nursery and I have been washing the clothes and bedding and getting it put away so that I am organised incase I start to struggle more near to my due date.
Binkie

Postby mamapup » 02 Dec 2013, 16:49

DF, Sorry you're looking footling-y. The puppy was a footling and that leaves no choice as far as I was told. Little tricksters!
And yeah, I agree with SJ, nappies are not your business if there are other people around.

I'm super uncomfortable today, not sure why. Just approaching 3rd trimester and was hoping that since I haven't had a lovely, glowing 2nd I'd be treated to a gentle third but this kid seem to have other plans for me.

I've agreed with work that I'll take all my annual leave before xmas so now I only have to work one day this month (whoop, I cleverly chose xmas party day) and then I have just Jan at work since it turns out everyone else is either sick, leaving or on mat leave already so they've asked (begged) me to be there as the only one with good institutional knowledge who is left.

Has anyone else had coccyx pain in pregnancy?. I can't sit on the floor and it seems to ache all the time. Would love some.tips for s
Good luck december babies!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby elaruu » 02 Dec 2013, 19:53

Don't worry DF, I haven't beaten you yet! Still here! Totally didn't expect to be either but here I am. Feeling pretty good really. Getting very impatient but that's not really to do with feeling overly pregnant and desperate for my body back. More just that I'm on tenterhooks all the time wondering when? when? when? I've been given very limited days by DP for when it's o to give birth too. Last week was mostly no good, sat, sun, and mon this week ok, but now not until Saturday the 7th! Hmph!

I haven't really had any signs that it's close yet. The last few days I've been feeling a bit like it's starting to happen every time I get up and walk around but if I sit down it all goes away. Ha! That sounds like I sit on my bum all day, doesn't it? I really don't! I just mean getting up from sitting does it for me.

It's great to read all your updates! Everyone's been a bit quiet lately. I really hope that little foot stays up, DF! No advice on coccyx pain, MP, but. It sounds painful!
Mummy to two lovely Scottish-born boys - A 27/1/09 and J 9/3/11.
And an Aussie version - M 16/12/13 :).
elaruu

Postby Kitcameron » 02 Dec 2013, 20:42

Ooh good luck all you December due daters. It's very exciting waiting for news from you all.

I shall post my update now and then try not to post until I have something more positive to say as I feel like I'm always negative.

I am full of cold and feeling very sorry for myself as you may have noticed from another thread. Also still feeling sick after about 4pm every day or with very stinky nappies. Had bad stitch like pains in my ribs over the weekend, dh thinks I'd pulled a muscle or something, that's gone now though, yippee. Also, I feel guilty for feeling like I'm not enjoying this pregnancy as much as the last one, poor kid. I'm sure it's irrational as I can't even remember what I felt like at 14 weeks with Little G. I'm sure I was starting to feel better from all the morning, afternoon and evening sickness and don't remember feeling this bad but maybe I was. Dh says I seem so fragile and vulnerable and I hate that but i feel it too. He's being amazing doing all the housework when he gets back from work and everything.

Anyway, enough negativity. Good luck again, I shall keep checking in and try to be more positive soon.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby elaruu » 03 Dec 2013, 00:00

Doh! Just had an appointment and I'm GBS+ve :( . I was never tested in other pregnancies. Oh well. There are worse things I suppose. I just wanted to avoid antibiotics in this pregnancy and the early post natal period because I'm worried that that might have caused A's food allergies. With him I had a third degree tear and so had to have preventative antibiotics after the birth. Then more at 4 weeks when I had breast abscess from mastitis.

Don't worry about being negative kc. You're allowed to whinge on here! I hope you feel better soon.
Mummy to two lovely Scottish-born boys - A 27/1/09 and J 9/3/11.
And an Aussie version - M 16/12/13 :).
elaruu

Postby Rahgamuffin » 03 Dec 2013, 06:22

{{Elaruu}}

R... is very glad there are lots of imminent December babies... it makes January seem much further away :)

Good luck to you all with the last few days/weeks :)
Mum to B (05/08), J (02/11) & L (01/14)
Rahgamuffin

Postby meerkatsmum » 03 Dec 2013, 10:16

Ah DF, it goes like this:

Saurus does a dirty nappy
Hand Saurus to DH/your mum.
You: "DH/mum, Saurus has a dirty nappy"
Walk away
DD - Meerkat (October 2011)
DD - Wombat (January 2014)
meerkatsmum

Postby Binkie » 03 Dec 2013, 22:53

Hmmm I have been having really uncomfortable BH tonight. In fact earlier I was googling premature labour as they were so strong and seemed to be in a worrying pattern. They are easing off now but I am still feeling unsettled. Hopefully it is nothing, if they get any worse or closer together I will phone the hops.
Binkie

Postby EnigmaFish » 03 Dec 2013, 23:38

How far along are you, Binkie?
(Sorry, I'm new to the Pregnancy section of the forum so I don't know anyone's dates yet!)

Anyway, ((((()))))). I hope everything works out okay!
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Kitcameron » 04 Dec 2013, 09:12

Ooh. Binkie ((())) hope everything's ok.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Next

Return to Pregnancy