Pregnancy Status Updates - January 2012!

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy Status Updates - January 2012!

Postby catkin » 02 Jan 2012, 15:51

Time to move into 2012?
SnowDrop, hope you're feeling better soon. Any chance it could be a pre-labour clearout?

I've decided to have a week off the iron supplement and see if I feel less rubbish - 3 weeks on it hasn't made me feel any less tired, and I've actually lost weight in that time after putting it on steadily all through the pregnancy. Could be coincidence as lots of other things have changed, but i figure a week off won't hurt and then I can discuss with the dr.
Mum to Mouse b May 2009 & Little Hamster b Feb 2012.
catkin

Re: Pregnancy Status Updates - January 2012!

Postby KateGladTidings » 02 Jan 2012, 17:05

CK, hope that works!

Kate is....sorting through Roo's 3-6month stuff, to give away to a friend and make space for girly things. Considering having a little cry. I love the lump downstairs demanding biscuits but where did my baby go?!

And then I look at his BLW-era clothes and shudder....
Mother to R, June 2009, and E, May 2012

http://londonwithatoddler.com

Twitter: @LondonWAToddler
KateGladTidings

Postby DustyMcBrush » 02 Jan 2012, 19:08

Jan 2012!! Time is a-ticking! Not been on here much, has been a bit of an intense chistmas with dropping R's dummies and moving her to big bed. Very hormonal STILL and am readily waiting the 2nd trimester energy increase but I'm starting to believe it's a mythical thing!
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 02 Jan 2012, 19:50

Woo hoo! January! Good luck SnowDrop, who else is on the list this month?

I am knackered. I haven't been sleeping, or if I have then DP/TheWriggler/TheCat/TheBean have been waking me up. TheWriggler is totally overtired from the festive period and is therefore higher maintenance than normal. <yawn>

Still, I'm now on countdown to maternity leave at the end of the month. Woo hoo! I'm plotting a trip to the folks with TheWriggler on a train before a tiny baby makes that a complete impossibility, a slingmeet with the SE London BLW crew and several sorties to check out and speak to the local BF support people before TheBean arrives. That and TheWriggler should keep me busy for 6-8 weeks I think...
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby KateGladTidings » 02 Jan 2012, 20:18

rosie_t_riveter wrote: a slingmeet with the SE London BLW crew.

:D :D :D :D
can't wait!!!
Mother to R, June 2009, and E, May 2012

http://londonwithatoddler.com

Twitter: @LondonWAToddler
KateGladTidings

Postby sparkling » 02 Jan 2012, 22:41

Ooh, January, it's time for these 2012 babies to start arriving!

I'm another one not sleeping, I'm always exhausted during the day, but when I go to bed the achey bits, heartburn and wriggly baby, plus a bit of brain overdrive, all conspire against me... Luckily I'm able to get up fairly late at the moment, I'm not usually so achey then, and Jiglet seems happy to entertain herself in her room when she wakes up, so I'm taking advantage. I was thinking I had another week of her at home, but just realised last night that she's at nursery again later this week. We've had some nice time together the last couple of weeks but I'm looking forward to the break!
Jiglet, Mar'09 & Bell, Jan'12
sparkling

Postby jvnt » 03 Jan 2012, 03:00

Catkind wrote:Time to move into 2012?
SnowDrop, hope you're feeling better soon. Any chance it could be a pre-labour clearout?

I thought this too. Fingers crossed.
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Postby DustyMcBrush » 03 Jan 2012, 06:41

...has been up since 4.00am. Gaaaaaaaahhhhhh damn pregnancy brain. R woke but went back to sleep straight away, I however, did not! Decided to just get up and go into work early.
"So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
DustyMcBrush

Postby SnowDrop » 03 Jan 2012, 10:21

Feeling better this morning thank you but no sign of baby! Don't blame him its blowing a gale up here. He's better off snug inside.

((((DMcB)))) pregnancy insomnia is just awful.

Hope everyone else is keeping well. Hugs to those struggling.
My precious babies:
DD born 2009
DS born 2012
SnowDrop

Postby Rosie_t_Riveter » 03 Jan 2012, 12:32

... is sitting in a waiting room for my bloods to be done. MW couldn't find my vein so a lovely walk to the bus stop, long bus journey to the hospital (it is really close but the bus goes around the houses... all of them!) and walk into the hospital. It's just the weather for it, I'm soaked!
TheWriggler - Aug 2009
BabyBean - March 2012
Rosie_t_Riveter

Postby Disco » 03 Jan 2012, 15:18

DustyMcBrush wrote: STILL and am readily waiting the 2nd trimester energy increase but I'm starting to believe it's a mythical thing!

Hmm yeah I am in need of it. i'm just coming into the period which the average working hours is taken from for my SMP. I know I'm earning just a bit too less to be getting full SMP. Which means I need to do extra shifts for the next 7-8 weeks - i.e eat up our family time at weekends. Great. Unfortunately I've also got 3 days work I need to do somewhere else which wont count in any way to SMP so basically mean I'll be working every weekend for the next while. :( :cry Well... thats if I can GET the extra shifts. Oh and our normal hours have just been cut by a couple of hours a week as it is.. so that helps.. er NOT.
Sorry bit of a ramble there. I'm just tired and SO sick of working in this place. I just need to do this last push before I can think about slacking off/taking holidays. I can't sleep at night either at the moment so feel dizzy and knackered at work sometimes. woe is me :(

Come on baby snow drop! I think the worst of the wind is over now. hope you didn't get too much damage. I was watching tiles fly off a church roof this morning. Nice.
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby Disco » 03 Jan 2012, 16:27

Ok i've done a bit more research and some calculations so can calm down a little bit. Average working period doesn't start until 17 weeks preg (next thursday) and I have worked out I need to make bonus pay and an extra shift every other week to make sure I get the max amount SMP. This is doable. Just hope I'll have more energy in a couple of weeks time...

Oh and hope you get a better sleep tonight DM :)

Disco

Postby Aggie » 03 Jan 2012, 20:58

Yay for 2012!! And looking forward to the arrival of the first 2012 baby Snowdrop :bsmile .

discocrispo - glad to hear work life won't be quite as busy as you had first thought. I really need to properly read my maternity leave policy to make sure I'm getting everything I can!

Hope all those with pregnancy insommnia get a better night's sleep tonight. I am sleeping badly at the mo due to DS waking 4-5 times a night and requiring someone to go into him just to say "go back to sleep" before he'll stop shouting and crying, plus he's waking anytime from 5am. This has been going on for weeks and weeks now and it's getting to the point where I'm even considering CC or CIO but can't actually bear to take that step :( .

I have my anomaly scan on Thursday. I can't believe I'm half way through already and that the baby is arriving this year!!
B is 4!
A is 1!
Aggie

Postby TravellingMum » 04 Jan 2012, 04:37

Yes I am also looking forward to news of the first arrival for 2012! I can't believe it is here, it was only a few months ago that i was thinking I would wait a while before putting my name on the 2012 roll call - it seemed too far away to put down a definite date!

Ke002 - I feel the pain of night waking (and in between trips to the toilet it makes it worse). Little Panda was doing this for a while. Actually she also did it a lot at bedtime for ages. Now when she is calling I am ignoring her at bed time (obviously if she was upset I wouldn't, but really she is just wanting to prolong going to sleep). Since I haven't been running back and forth to her at bedtime ... she hasn't woken in the night! Weird...but true and oh I am enjoying it. But I commiserate because I did have it for a while here too.

disco- glad you can breathe a little easier. when will your maternity leave begin?

I am in a full on house work day... well for the past 90 minutes I have been doing washing (you know chucking it in the washing machine) and sorting clothes. HOW DID I END UP WITH SO MANY CLOTHES?? I have piles...winter clothes, summer clothes. winter maternity clothes, summer maternity clothes. winter when I weighed less clothes.... you get the picture! I am sorting in to what should just go out. What I need to store. What I need to take to the UK ... and then what to take to South Africa. ooh too difficult...
SO now Little Panda and I are having a wee break, she is watching baby einstein (can I believe it is vaguely educational??!) and having a snack...and I am giving my brain a rest.

Have a good day everyone (well most of you are fast asleep right now...so sweet dreams)
Mum to Little Panda and Wee Monkey
TravellingMum

Postby Disco » 04 Jan 2012, 10:15

oh dear I hope you get through that washing pile soom TrM. Soon you'll be able to take it easy right?

I've not decided exactly on a date for Mat leave but I'm thinking roughly the start of May. Thats not too far away really :)

Ke002 - I really hope the sleep improves soon. I've been having problems getting to sleep some nights but thankfully once I'm gone thats it. Hopefu,ly it will resolve itselv without CC.. I've my fingers crossed for you.

Disco

Next

Return to Pregnancy