Pregnancy Status Updates: June!

More little BLWers in the making... <rubs hands>

Pregnancy Status Updates: June!

Postby babydsmummy » 01 Jun 2011, 07:12

Well, one thing I now know for sure is this is going to be a June baby!

Thanks for the hugs. I'm feeling a bit better about it today and will walk into town to see if that helps! Biccy, the section is down to emergency section last time and the assumption that this baby will also be a whopper (D was 10:3) and I don't stand a chance of vbac - they may be right! Can't remember what else was at the end of the old thread :oops: NM hope you are out very soon and feeling better this morning.
Mummy to two amazing boys: D (Oct 08) and J (June 11)
babydsmummy

Re: Pregnancy Status Updates: June!

Postby skip » 01 Jun 2011, 08:37

Ooh we're into June!

((BDM)) Hope things get started for you soon. How about swimming? If nothing else it'll relax you and loosen up all your joints.

Thinking of you NM - I hope you get some decent food and a repenting ND today.

We sold our crib for £40! :D Got picked up today. And now we ARE going to sell the cot after all, since MIL just offered to buy us a new one!! :D :D Need to pick up the moses basket a friend is giving us and stand at some point and see if it needs re-covering or anything - it's 3rd or 4th hand, but freeee.

Ugh, horrible hayfever yesterday, now my head is full of fluff.
Mama to the marvellous M (July '08) and R-bear (Oct '11)
skip

Postby PicNic » 01 Jun 2011, 09:42

June already!

((BDM)) Hope you're not waiting to meet your little one too much longer!

Anyone know what to expect at a 16wk midwife appointment? Can't remember having one at 16wks last time although maybe I did! Can they hear the heartbeat yet? Want to know whether it will be an exciting check or just boring stuff!
Very proud mummy of our adventurous little man 09/09 and our cheeky little lady 11/11
PicNic

Postby fothers » 01 Jun 2011, 09:43

Good luck with the evict baby project BDM- hope you get some signs soon x

Skip- yay! That is sounding like you are getting very organised now!

NM- hope the coco pops have agreed with you and you get some good news from the doc soon. I hope ND is up to his elbows in dishes and washing clothes.

Fothers has just been for her 16w appointment- all ok thankfully. There was a student MW and it took her a bit to find the HB but she got there eventually. :)
Maisie -Jan 2008, Lois -Oct 2009, Rose -Nov 2011
fothers

Postby skip » 01 Jun 2011, 10:47

NicL - my MW was away so I had a stand in who had no idea how to work the new computer system and had no batteries for the doppler! Still, we heard the heartbeat (although she said not to be worried if we couldn't manage it). :D Had blood pressure checked and a bit of a chat but that's about it. No wee on a stick (even though I'd just downed a pint of water in preparation!). Not got my next one til July... seems like such a big gap!

Glad yours went well fothers.
skip

Postby PicNic » 01 Jun 2011, 11:47

Thanks Skip. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a heartbeat then!
Very proud mummy of our adventurous little man 09/09 and our cheeky little lady 11/11
PicNic

Postby babydsmummy » 01 Jun 2011, 12:17

Yay for hearing a heartbeat Fothers!

NicL - you should hear a heartbeat, although they do seem to say not to worry if they can't - yeah right!! Probably the usual urine check, blood pressure and feeling your tummy to check he/she is growing well. Have fun!

I remember feeling like it was a huge gap from the 16 week check too Skip. Think the second timer appointments are surprisingly fewer and further between than first timers.

Walked for about 3 hours this morning into town, round the shops and home. The result? Well, my pelvis and hips ache, my piles are killing me and my bladder seems to be able to hold about a teaspoon worth of wee! Maybe those are good signs though hey? Or maybe I'm clutching at straws! :D The stupid thing is, I know full well that once this is all over I'll be so sad that I'm not pregnant anymore!
Mummy to two amazing boys: D (Oct 08) and J (June 11)
babydsmummy

Postby DIMDongMerrily » 01 Jun 2011, 14:31

LOL BDM, who ever said pregnancy isn't glamorous?! :wink: I hope things do start off soon for you though.

DM.. obviously forgot, in her tired state, to actually post her update yesterday :? so she'll have another go! I had to go to the hospital to be monitored yesterday because I suddenly realised I couldn't really remember when I'd last felt Tiny Boy move properly.. his heartrate was fine and there were lots of movements on the monitor so that seems OK, but they asked me to do a urine sample and apparently they found ++ketones and +protein.. so they've sent a sample off for testing and I should hear back by the end of the week. I don't really know much about stuff in urine.. protein can be one of the signs of pre-eclampsia, right? But my blood pressure was normal.. I don't know about ketones though. Apparently it can be a sign of dehydration, or not getting enough to eat, but I don't think I'm dehydrated or hungry! Hopefully the results will come back with nothing major to worry about.. Eek though.
Mummy to the Ragamuffin since 01/07/09 and the Small Boy since 30/07/11 ♥ ♥

http://themess-canwait.blogspot.com/
DIMDongMerrily

Postby PicNic » 01 Jun 2011, 14:34

Hope the results come back OK DM. So scary when these things happen. x
PicNic

Postby skip » 01 Jun 2011, 16:07

(((((DM)))))) I hope it's nothing and just a precaution. Maybe he'd moved into a different position where you weren't feeling movements so much? Hope you're not too stressed about it and managing to rest (and eat and drink lots just in case!). THinking of you. x

Aw BDM, hope the walk did something for you. :)

Ooooh I've just been sworn to secrecy by some friends who have let slip they're preggo! Only 6-7 weeks so very early days but finding it hard to hold in a bit "squeeeeeeee!" at the thought of sharing some of our pregnancies together. :D She's a lovely girl and we see lots of them (her husband plays cricket with DH) and so the next generation of cricket babies begins!!
skip

Postby WishingBone » 01 Jun 2011, 18:33

Good luck BDM - remember you can have a good delivery whichever way it goes and your baby will be here soon however it pans out!

Hope you're feeling better NM.

The gaps between MW appts this time seem enormous. I saw the MW at 14 weeks, I've got the 20 week scan on Friday and then not another actual MW appt until either 25 or 28 weeks - and I'm thinking it must be 28 because that's when I need the anti-D injection and it would be weird to give me no appointments for 11 weeks and then two in quick succession. But I think it's best to have v low expectations of pre-natal midwife activity generally. With Bear I seemed to be having blood tests all the time, but this time there's only been the one set, when they found I was anaemic, but they've shown no inclination to check my iron levels since and I've nearly run out of tablets. Am I supposed to make a GP appt just to get another prescription? Seems like a waste of everyone's time.
Bemused parent to the Bear (2009) and Smudge (2011).
WishingBone

Postby skip » 01 Jun 2011, 18:54

Hmm WTBAB - might be worth ringing to see if they'll treat is as a repeat prescription? Our GP surgery is pretty good at avoiding unnecessary appts and will give you a phone consult where the GP will sort a script for you there and then - but I think we're pretty lucky.

My next appt is at 28 weeks too - blimey. Not that I'm worried, or particularly want to be seen. I'll be seeing my doula and the MW for talking over M's birth before then, so can ask lots of questions there. There's a GP appt scheduled somewhere after 30 weeks too for some reason, can't remember why, or if we did that with M.

Feeling the bump a lot more now - getting in the way when I'm picking stuff up off the floor and now bumps into the counter when I'm cooking - suddenly had a flashback of cooking at arm's length when heavily pregnant with M! Oh, and DH came up with a girl's name! All by himself! ;) One that I like, too, and goes with one of the middle names we like. Oddly we're kind of set on a name for either gender already, though we may well change our minds later on. With M we were uncertain up to the very end, but he was very much an M when he was born. :D
skip

Postby Biddy » 01 Jun 2011, 22:30

(((BDM))) really hope something happens for you soon. Have you thought about trying castor oil? It's probably not very pleasant but I've heard it almost never fails. I bought a bottle when I was 10 days late with DD but decided to put off taking it until the next day, went into labour that evening, phew! Might be worth a try, the worst it'll do is give you the runs for a day or two.

Thanks for the sympathies with this weird pelvic thing. It's still happening on and off but isn't too bad at the moment. Looking forward to my next midwife appt so I can find out of the head's moved down or not. I want this baby to come early, MIL is arriving in 2 weeks so if baby can come before she arrives that would be so great!! If only.
S - Oct 2009
A - June 2011
Another little squish on board - due Sept
Biddy

Postby ches » 01 Jun 2011, 23:40

Biddy, castor oil is a myth - it just gives you stomach cramps and horrific diarrhea and since people only take it when they're overdue anyway, going into labour is almost certainly a coincidence. I was friends with a labour & delivery nurse and she BEGS people not to try castor oil because it is just traumatic for all involved, especially the poor nurses who have to clean up explosive diarrhea.
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby jvnt » 02 Jun 2011, 04:27

Just popping in to say hi, I've been keeping quiet about this one but I had a scan yesterday and it's the right size for age and saw the heartbeat so it seems that we're 7 weeks pregnant :D
jvnt, mother to The Boy, August '09, Baby Dragon, January '12 and HP May '14.
jvnt

Next

Return to Pregnancy