Inheritance Tracks

Don't panic, it's not tonight. Every so often we arrange to meet up online and talk rubbish. Not so different from the day-to-day, but with more people. Yes, it sounds naff, but just you wait... it's also oddly satisfying.

Re: Inheritance Tracks

Postby Disco » 14 Sep 2010, 19:42

Allie wrote:My parents weren't particularly into sharing music...in my dad's case this was a good thing as he listens to bagpipes & gaelic music..

hey there is actually some very nice bagpipe and gaelic music out there... although possibly your dad wasn't listening to it..
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby Allium » 14 Sep 2010, 19:51

discopixo wrote:
Allie wrote:My parents weren't particularly into sharing music...in my dad's case this was a good thing as he listens to bagpipes & gaelic music..

hey there is actually some very nice bagpipe and gaelic music out there... although possibly your dad wasn't listening to it..

Judging by the age of most of it, I'd be surprised if he was listening to the good stuff...Actually, I can remember his inheritance track to me was (I think) a folk song that he sang me to sleep with...not a clue how to spell it...from memory it was something like Morag Bheag Nighean...maybe I should learn it & pass that on.

...maybe I should learn what it means first!
Mummy to Twink - 8/05/08, Squishy - 7/02/10 & Flopsy 1/11/12
Allium

Postby bimbambalooms » 14 Sep 2010, 19:57

My parents handed me down some cool music, DP vehemently disagrees with my music taste though! Mind you there are 10 yrs between us!

I'll be passing on my love of Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Simon & Garfunkel, Gary Moore, Fleetwood Mac (The Stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham years) Michelle Shocked and many more.
Mummy to
Snufflebum, a gorgeous FIVE year old!
Snugglechops, has just turned TWO!
bimbambalooms

Postby Heidi » 14 Sep 2010, 20:09

I don't think I like anything my Mum and Dad listened to! Except maybe Queen - we've seen WE Will Rock You together a few times.
Thom is more interested in nursery rhymes at the moment than anything else, although he does dance like a crazy thing to Paul Weller Going Underground and Town Called Malice, and a few Morrissey tracks.

My Dad used to sing You are my Sunshine to us when we went to bed, and we have that on a mobile-thing in the car so Thom knows all the words now.
Thom May 07 and Kiera Sept 09 - I don't really have an excuse to be here still!!

Would you like to start your own business, earn some extra money or enjoy a new challenge? If so please contact me,

http://www.phoenix-trading.co.uk/web/heidiwadsworth
Heidi

Postby eterna » 14 Sep 2010, 20:14

We had a lot of classical music at our house too. I can't think of any particular song (though I do have fond memories of jumping around pretending to ride a horse during the WIlliam Tell Overture). I think the legacy from my parents that I will try to pass on (despite DHs ridicule) is the value of public radio and all the independent music that is out there, as opposed to the terrible top 40 stuff.

Heidi wrote:My Dad used to sing You are my Sunshine to us when we went to bed

This was always the song my mom sang to me too...though now that I've heard the entire song on the "Brother, Where art thou" soundtrack, I realize that it's really not a kid's song like I always assumed.
Mom to A - Sep. 2009 & O - May 2013
eterna

Postby ToothFairy » 14 Sep 2010, 21:09

Another vote for Simon and Garfunkel here. Fond memories of childhood car journeys with my parents and brother. Also, Bridge Over Troubled Water was number 1 when I was born :D The Beatles too, and Elton John.

At the moment Dilly will dance like a loon to anything we play him. Martha's at that stage where liking the same music as your parents in NOT COOL :?
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Previous

Return to Puddleduck's Party Forum