Puddleduck wants to have a party... you in?

Don't panic, it's not tonight. Every so often we arrange to meet up online and talk rubbish. Not so different from the day-to-day, but with more people. Yes, it sounds naff, but just you wait... it's also oddly satisfying.

Postby ches » 13 Feb 2008, 15:05

Good on you Aitch, I would've let her in so I could go back to sleep and hubby probably would've had a big moan about how she needed to sleep in her own bed and then rolled over and slept through the tantrum leaving me to execute his order. We're going to have to steel ourselves for the days that lie ahead.

I think you're going to have to start a new blog about some novel way of getting through the Terrible Twos. Anyone got any ideas? Johnny's not yet a year and is already throwing huge strops, the precocious little menace. :?
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby AB&M » 13 Feb 2008, 19:19

I thought the strops weren't supposed to start yet? Although they only last seconds at the moment when you take away something that he's not allowed. I now leave things that he is allowed in a half hidden place so he's super pleased that he's stolen something. Win-Win but then at 11m he's easily tricked :wink:
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Mrs Aroo » 13 Feb 2008, 19:40

We seem to be into the terrible twos at 10 months too! For a couple of days I have been mourning the passing of my sweet innocent baby who didn't know right from wrong. Now I have a little boy who KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS!!!

(Mostly, everything he's not allowed...)

Wailed to a friend who told me she first put her DS in a time-out at 9 months. Yikes!!

So this is a new phase and the training starts now... so cute thought the way he will get almost as far as the forbidden fruit (the waste bin), stop, look cheekily over his shoulder at me and wait for me to tell him, "Noooo!"

In fact yesterday he looked at me and I said, "Roo...." and he said, "NA!"

Which may have been a fluke but was very funny to me.

Anyway, since no one else is suggesting a time, how about next Thursday 21st Feb at 9pm GMT (UK time)? Other suggestions?

(That's just to get the ball rolling, I wanna see this party happen! As long as I don't have to dance, pleeeease).
Mum to Roo and Roolet, two lovely boys.
Roo is a graduate of the school of BLW!
Roolet is a fresher - starting in February!
Mrs Aroo

Postby PerpetualMadness » 13 Feb 2008, 19:51

I can't do thurs 21st (NCT openhouse organisers meeting), or fri 22nd/sat 23rd (visiting the outlaws - not hooked up to 't internet there). :(
How about Wednesday 20th same time?
Pumpkin's Mama xx

Pumpkin is 6, Butternut is 3. :-)
PerpetualMadness

Postby Mrs Aroo » 13 Feb 2008, 20:10

Works for me :)
Mrs Aroo

Postby Aitch » 13 Feb 2008, 20:24

:cry thing is i would have let her into bed with us, no problem, as would dh, but unfortunately she escalated the situation into a tantrum/confrontation that there was no backing down as really we'd just have been teaching her that if she shouts really loudly then she can get whatever she wants, which is a dangerous route to go down. but then the poor wee thing forgets why she's crying and gets really upset so you actually do want to cuddle and comfort her and the obvious place to do that from would be bed but you CAN'T because etc etc etc etc etc so you are stuck in her bedroom in the dark with a kid who is just SHOUTING at you and can't really remember why...

yes, brunosmum, it has been every sodding night for about the last three weeks. presumably we used to stir her a bit before and she'd resettle herself but now she just goes 'oh i know, i'll join them in the mummydaddybed, they'll LOVE that'. (and we do... that's the thing. she's fine if she sleeps, but we never know if it's goiing to be one of those ones or one of the nights where she stomps on our head).

<rant still not over>
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby puffylovett » 13 Feb 2008, 20:35

<joins in aitchs rant>

it's when they kick you in your 'ever so slightly full bladder but you can't move for fear they'll fall out of bed' bit that gets to me. Usualy at about 3am in the morning when you've been woken for the FOURTH time since midnight ! arghh !!! As much as i love being woekn up by fingers being stuck up my nose and a very entertained baby, it's starting to get to me too :(

Little blighters. And we're another one who's terrible twos have started early. Anyone else experiencing the 'stiff as a plank, scream squirm and shout when i'm about to be put into my buuggy / carseat (Delete as appropriate) ?? :?

Anyway, i digress. Whens this party ? <feels the need to get extremely pissed in the hope htat baby might get pissed via breastmilk and pass out for the entire night>
puffylovett

Postby bimbambalooms » 13 Feb 2008, 20:35

Aitch, for what it's worth you ARE doing the right thing, even though you forget why you are doing at 2am in the morning. My friend gave in very easily to her son when he started having tantrums and he was sleeping with them when he was 5 years old because he knew if he screamed loud enough he'd get his way. They eventually got him back in his own bed but as soon as they let him back, ie when he is ill, they have to go through the same pain all over again.

What I'm trying to say is keep your chin up lady (or prop it up if you're falling asleep), it will get better.
Mummy to
Snufflebum, a gorgeous FIVE year old!
Snugglechops, has just turned TWO!
bimbambalooms

Postby AB&M » 13 Feb 2008, 20:37

Well let's hope you sort it soon 'cos we all aren't that far behind you and of course you're the expert on everything now :wink: :wink:

Seriously though, it must be tough to stick to your guns especially in the middle of the night. I have to walk out the room now just to stop from laughing when Bruno does something cheeky verging on the naughty (if he really knew what it was!) as I don't want to encourage him. Heaven knows what I'll be like when he gets to her age!!

Re the party, date is perfect - DH is away all week!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Puddleduck » 13 Feb 2008, 20:49

20th @ 9pm fine for us, sooner the better really seeing as everyone seems to have got out their party clothes already!

Like the idea of being 24 hour party people - in that although we may kick off at 9 to try and beat the most online at one time thing, but hopefully our overseas members can pick up and run with it, though I hope that won't be like turning up at a party late, where all the nice food has been eaten, there's only a minging bottle of liebfraumilch and someone has puked by the front door!

So I have some ideas for threads on the night, but would love to hear everyone elses suggestions.
Puddleduck

Postby bimbambalooms » 13 Feb 2008, 21:43

20th @ 9pm is good for me too, we have the meet in Windsor that afternoon so it will be a nice continuation. :D
Mummy to
Snufflebum, a gorgeous FIVE year old!
Snugglechops, has just turned TWO!
bimbambalooms

Postby Aitch » 13 Feb 2008, 22:21

you are the only person who knows what is going on PD, i nominate you to be In Charge. <runs away>
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby Aitch » 13 Feb 2008, 22:22

<runs back>

oh and thanks for the support, i really needed that. <yawns>
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Aroo » 14 Feb 2008, 10:13

Be strong, Aitch and keep repeating "It's just a phase".

At least it'll be a story to embarrass her with in front of future boyfriends about the time she used to scream to be allowed to snuggle with her parents! <cackles>

So how about a charades thread where you have to try to represent the book [] film @ or play {} (those are the curtains) with letters, symbols and emoticons

ie.

@ (film)

2w (two words)

5s (five syllables)

1st w ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2nd w 5+6

Answer? ...........................

Ocean's Eleven!

Or is that just too complex after a glass or five of wine?
Mrs Aroo

Postby Spanner » 15 Feb 2008, 13:37

9pm - does that mean I have to miss Torchwood?! Actually, it will give DH something to do so he won't moan at me for being online!
Spanner

PreviousNext

Return to Puddleduck's Party Forum