Now that I'm up and running...

All you Baby-Led Weaning diarists, please discuss the ins and outs of the available blogging software, hardware, tupperware etc right here.

Now that I'm up and running...

Postby LucyL » 18 Jul 2013, 19:50

I now feel my blog is "real" enough to share with you!

Still trying to iron out a few issues - lack of ability to follow the blog, and also fancy links appear to be disabled, so for now if I've referred to anything in a previous post and you're curious to discover what I said, you'll have to go reading through the lot, which thankfully isn't a huge amount yet, but hope I get to the bottom of the problem before it is!

But, if you're interested, here it is: www.smallstepstoabiggod.org

Mainly my musings/advice on homeschooling with preschoolers... A few friends have asked why I don't have a blog with all the funny little things we get up to, so now I do! It is full of references to God etc, so if that doesn't strike your fancy, consider yourself warned ;)
Mum to two gorgeous boys, Bookworm (May 2009) and Little Tiger (November 2011)
Musings about our homeschooling journey at www.smallstepstoabiggod.org
LucyL

Re: Now that I'm up and running...

Postby t&n's mummy » 18 Jul 2013, 20:07

I totally agree about the idea of explaining things to small children, I firmly believe that children can understand stuff when you explain it right. I will be back to read more, we may have no choice than to homeschool as there is a serious shortage of school places around here.
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Postby FestiveTidings » 18 Jul 2013, 20:19

Yay for your blog - I had a little boy in my Cub pack that was home schooled. His mum felt he wasn't social enough so she sent him along to us. She was correct, his social and interacting skills needed a little polishing (but then what 8yr old's doesnt?) but boy was he a quick study! I was frequently amazed at the knowledge he had and his days were far more fun filled and exciting than what the other boys had going to main stream school.

So I just wanted to say Well Done for home schooling, I think it is a huge undertaking but boy, the results are amazing :-)
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby LucyL » 18 Jul 2013, 20:21

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

And... I think I can tentatively say I have found the root of my mysterious problems... Can anyone tell me whether or not they are able to follow the blog?
LucyL

Postby LucyL » 18 Jul 2013, 20:33

Hmm, maybe not as fixed as I thought :( The quest will continue!

Forgot to say, t&n's mummy (or indeed anyone else), I am very happy to chat about anything to do with homeschooling whenever your questions arise... For anything as yet outside my experience, I have a huge bunch of homeschool veteran friends I can ask! So you're welcome to PM me any time :)
LucyL

Postby t&n's mummy » 18 Jul 2013, 20:49

Thank you Lucy, I mentioned homeschooling at a group I was at the other day and there was a stunned silence...
Mummy to T dec 09 and N Mar 12
One little angel (6w) apr 11
http://www.facebook.com/Mariamadeit or see what we get up to at http://mariamadeit.wordpress.com
t&n's mummy

Location: Not in Kyiv anymore... Back to our own house in se London

Return to BLW Bloggers