I've gone and started me a blog!

All you Baby-Led Weaning diarists, please discuss the ins and outs of the available blogging software, hardware, tupperware etc right here.

I've gone and started me a blog!

Postby dougalsgirl » 11 May 2012, 00:22

I finally started a blog.

If you can be bothered, it's at:-

http://broccoliinpoo.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

If you can't, a very good day to you!

xx
dougalsgirl

Re: I've gone and started me a blog!

Postby Disco » 11 May 2012, 07:41

Cool, I look forward to reading more :)
mama to two summer boys S (09) and A (12)

http://www.eilidhweir.com/
Disco

Postby dougalsgirl » 11 May 2012, 08:20

Thank you!

You are very kind!

xx
dougalsgirl

Postby dougalsgirl » 12 May 2012, 13:10

Ok, I've had over 700 views in the 6 days since I started my blog! Is that normal? I'd expected only who I'd told about it to go look and that's hardly anyone!

xx
dougalsgirl

Postby CherryPop » 12 May 2012, 16:58

dougalsgirl wrote:Ok, I've had over 700 views in the 6 days since I started my blog! Is that normal? I'd expected only who I'd told about it to go look and that's hardly anyone!

xx

Blimey!

I've been doing my blog for nearly 3 years and have never got anywhere near that number of hits in a whole month, let alone in under a week!

You must have more interesting things to say than I do ;)
Mama to J born 10.3.09 and BabyPie born 21.11.12
Blogging: http://mynameis-beth.blogspot.com
CherryPop

Postby KatGoldLIN » 12 May 2012, 17:30

*puts on blogger hat* it is really good, but page views are different from unique visitors. They way you set up your blog has a truncated first line of post and then people have to click through each page to read the post. This set up generates more page views. Every time one person does this, its adds a page view to your stats, but not a unique viewer. The way you have set up is a common way people who want to generate high page view stats for advertisers will

To get a good overview of who is looking at your blog you can install something like google analytics or sitemeter to get a sense of who is looking from where.

To give an indication, in something like the Tots 100 parenting blogs - parent bloggers in the upper ranks will get between 300 and 600 unique viewers/day, craft and food bloggers get more, newer or less busy parent bloggers will get less.

I don't know if you read SouleMama, but according to some correspondance we have been having with her, she gets 1,000,000 page views/month
Kat
Mum to E 02/04/2007, G 26/03/2010 and T 30/03/2011
KatGoldLIN

Postby dougalsgirl » 12 May 2012, 19:56

Thank you for explaining this so well and thoroughly! You're very kind! I think I'll try get a visitor counter then! I've not done much set up of my own, just used the template. I have a graphic designer friend who is fluent in web pages so was going to ask her for some assistance. I didn't think anyone would be that interested in what I had to say to be honest!

xx
dougalsgirl

Postby CherryPop » 12 May 2012, 20:09

katgold wrote:They way you set up your blog has a truncated first line of post and then people have to click through each page to read the post.

As an aside, and this is totally nothing person to you or your blog dougalsgirl, but I won't read blogs that are set up like this, it puts me off. I have a ridiculously short attention span (and try not to spend too much time online!) and if I have to click something, then wait for it to load, then read a short post, then click back, and repeat, I lose interest pretty quickly. So from experience, if I come across a blog that looks like this, I won't bother reading it at all, I'd rather spend my time where I can get properly immersed in some good writing.

Hope that makes sense!
Mama to J born 10.3.09 and BabyPie born 21.11.12
Blogging: http://mynameis-beth.blogspot.com
CherryPop

Postby dougalsgirl » 12 May 2012, 21:35

To be honest, I haven't put much thought yet into how it's set up. I've not got much experience in reading blogs or writing them. I set this up last weekend with no real expectations that anyone would ever read it! I really want to thank you for your constructive comments and I've not taken one bit of offense! I need to read up on some stuff and see how I would like it to look and best layout etc! Thank you!

xx
dougalsgirl

Return to BLW Bloggers